Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

LIchen like a cup

Very dark and rain this a.m. in the woods....Took using autofocus and used a little PS vibrancy. Close crop to see the light showing thru from above, and the wonderful underside detail.

Attached Files Image(s)

Great capture, what's the approx size. Ed.

To each his own!

(Mar 2, 2015, 09:19)czkid Wrote:  Very dark and rain this a.m. in the woods....Took using autofocus and used a little PS vibrancy. Close crop to see the light showing thru from above, and the wonderful underside detail.

Very nice shot of this mushroom (fungus) - Most likely one of the Oyster mushrooms and probably Pleurotus conrnucopiae - more frequently seen as a group.
I have a shot somewhere of a group of 3-4 if I recall correctly. I will look it up and post.

Photography is a never-ending journey

I assume you mean the fungus/mushroom - it is about 3-4 inches wide by 4-5 inches high. My pic is 6.0 mb or 4608 x 3956 px

(Mar 2, 2015, 14:25)EdMak Wrote:  Great capture, what's the approx size. Ed.

Thank you, Peter. I knew you would know the name of it.

(Mar 2, 2015, 15:49)Plantsman Wrote:  
(Mar 2, 2015, 09:19)czkid Wrote:  Very dark and rain this a.m. in the woods....Took using autofocus and used a little PS vibrancy. Close crop to see the light showing thru from above, and the wonderful underside detail.

Very nice shot of this mushroom (fungus) - Most likely one of the Oyster mushrooms and probably Pleurotus conrnucopiae - more frequently seen as a group.
I have a shot somewhere of a group of 3-4 if I recall correctly. I will look it up and post.

The cap of this species can range from approximately 2-10 inches across.
As with all fungi, size, colour and form can change to varying degrees with age and growing environment.

Here is one that I photographed in November 2012

[Image: Pleurotus%20conrnucopiae2_zpsnnpee6fk.jpg]

[Image: Pleurotus%20conrnucopiae_zpslxl49tri.jpg]

Very nice. Yes, I've discovered that lichens and mushrooms in the forest here change color drastically according to climate temperature, i.e., cold to hot, from varying grays to deep reds and oranges, sometimes green. It's nice having a photographer/scientist acquaintance who can give us good descriptions.

(Mar 3, 2015, 04:56)Plantsman Wrote:  The cap of this species can range from approximately 2-10 inches across.
As with all fungi, size, colour and form can change to varying degrees with age and growing environment.

Here is one that I photographed in November 2012

[Image: Pleurotus%20conrnucopiae2_zpsnnpee6fk.jpg]

[Image: Pleurotus%20conrnucopiae_zpslxl49tri.jpg]

Super Peter, complete with knowledge! Ed.

To each his own!

[quote='czkid' pid='100180' dateline='1425383645']
Very nice. Yes, I've discovered that lichens and mushrooms in the forest here change color drastically according to climate temperature, i.e., cold to hot, from varying grays to deep reds and oranges, sometimes green. It's nice having a photographer/scientist acquaintance who can give us good descriptions.

[quote='Plantsman' pid='100177' dateline='1425380178']
The cap of this species can range from approximately 2-10 inches across.

Would you consider adding some info to your profile czkid ? I would be very interested in knowing your locality. It's nice to see that your photography interests include images from nature.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post