Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

'Lao Valley

Maui again...

[Image: Lao%20Valley.jpg]

40 views and no comments. Back to school to figure out what is going wrong...

I like it Toad - For some reason it reminds me of a scene from a war movie. I can hear the old army choppers about to fly over...
Great composition and depth.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Thanks Smarti...

I like it. The hut gives a good centre of interest, and I like the way the palm ties in the layers.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

The hut really makes this image. Good skills in seeing the image to shoot it. I just feel that the HDR on the mountains looks a little too fake.

Canon stuff.

Wedding Shooter Wrote:The hut really makes this image. Good skills in seeing the image to shoot it. I just feel that the HDR on the mountains looks a little too fake.
Sorry - no HDR on this one. I did do a bit pf processing - but no HDR. The mountain is *extremely* close to the hut - maybe 150 yards/meters - and this image pretty accurately portrays the look - my retouching is just for punch..

smarti77 Wrote:I can hear the old army choppers about to fly over...
...and the Doors singing "The End" maybe?

Sorry Toad (wipes egg off his face) - the mountains just looked like they had the shadows lifted on them, but it is probably the appearance of distance that is throwing me. They look to be much further away.

Canon stuff.

No problem - it is a very weird perspective. The hut is on the mountain slope itself - and I am above it on another ridge. The apparent distance is also due to the fact that this photo was taken at an ultrawide 12mm focal length - so you see the whole mountain peak and that makes it seem more distant.

Hi Toad... Smile

It looks like a beautiful place. I like a lot your composition, nicely balanced. I'd love to know about your weather conditions when you take this picture. I can see a clear blue sky but was it sunny? What time of the day was and whether you used any filter here... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thank you Irma. It was fairly clear in the distance - but quite overcast right at the subject. I used a polarizer.

I like the composition too, and you have good contrast in the greens. I need a polarizer Sad
Just the sky looks a bit too processed for my taste.
I think I can see why it took a second glance to comment, there is much to this picture that at a quick glance doesn't show immediately.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post