Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Let's go fishin'.
Rainbow 

Let's go fishin'.CoolCool

Attached Files Image(s)

Very nice! You are welcome to tell us a little more about the photo!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

The picture was taken in Tarpon Springs Florida, the sponge capital of the US with a Canon T2i, Canon 18-135mm lens, @ f8-1/125. Edited to BW with "Aperture".

Cool! I have family on the east coast - reminds me of home! Thanks for sharing! Job well done!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Really great image, it has a great atmosphere, but on my screen it looks a bit to dark...it would love to see it a bit more bright Big Grin

Awesome shot... My mother was born there and I've spent quite a bit of time there. It also reminds me of the shrimp boats in my home town of St. Augustine.

The tonalities in your shot are perfect! How did you expose your shot?

Ooooh I LOVE the high contrast B&w! This is a great shot.

Thanks for all your kind remarks. It's interesting how " beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" Alessya mentioned that it looked a bit dark while "photokev" said "The tonalities in your shot are perfect! How did you expose your shot?" and Brandy offered, "Ooooh I LOVE the high contrast B&w! This is a great shot." In fact, you are all correct in your judgement. It boils down to the eyes of the beholder.. In all honesty, the effect was achieved in post processing. The picture was taken on a bright sunny day with billowing white clouds. I first converted the color picture to B&W, then tweaked the contrast, brightness, vibrancy and tonal values. I think Ansel Adams was correct when he said " Half of the image is created in the darkroom".

Ansel was the master no doubt! I've made it a habit to follow his "pre-visualization" mantra my whole professional career.

I agree with photokev, Ansel's books opened my eyes in my first year of college, I learned everything about darkroom(and not only) from them Smile

Such a great capture of these boats in Tarpon Springs. I spent a bit of time there, mostly to eat some great Greek food - *Baklava* - everything about this is just right, the contrast, amount of water in foreground, the great character of the boats depicted perfectly right down to the names of the vessels. Love it all!

(Dec 22, 2012, 10:16)Photopro Wrote:  Such a great capture of these boats in Tarpon Springs. I spent a bit of time there, mostly to eat some great Greek food - *Baklava* - everything about this is just right, the contrast, amount of water in foreground, the great character of the boats depicted perfectly right down to the names of the vessels. Love it all!

Thank you photopro.