Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A picture a day keeps the doctor away...

Hey all

I have been lurking around the forums looking at all your great photos and comments for some time now. So I thought what the heck let's sign up and join in. Lots of blogs have been asking the people who "lurk" to announce themselves recently so it is my New Years resolution (yes I know it is February!) to make some noise on all my favourite blogs and forums.

I am based in London and have been taking photos since I was a kid. I now shoot exclusively digital with a Canon 300D. Still waiting to upgrade to something sexier but I don't really need it. I love taking pictures of the natural world, animals, plants and macro photography.

Looking forward to posting some pictures and adding come comments.

Here are a couple of macro shots taken the other morning.

[Image: waterdropd2.jpg]

[Image: waterdrops2.jpg]

All comments and feedback appreciated!

Cheers

Ivan

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

Welcome Ivan. Glad to have you here. Lovely photos as well. The colour of the leaves are very nice for this type of image.Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

#1 is stunning! Well done!

I agree with Toad - #1 is absolutely stunning. You can see so much clarity and details in the droplets - they're almost glowing!

p.s. welcome to Shuttertalk! Big Grin

Great Macro work and excellent to see you anouncing yourself to us Smile

Canon stuff.

Hi Ivan, and welcome.

You're absolutely right -- you don't need a better camera than the one you have. Those photos are spectacular. Nicely done, and you're setting a high standard.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Beautiful images - water drops are like diamonds Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Hi Ivan,

Welcome to Shuttertalk!! Smile

These are indeed wonderful pictures. I also like a lot nature photography, it so rich.

Look forward to seeing more of your pictures Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hello everyone. Thanks so much for the friendly welcome. Nice to visit somewhere on the internet where everyone is not bent on showing each other up. Look forward to receiving and giving some useful constructive feedback. Smile

Ivan

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

Well put navis01. I have not found that here, but it does happen in some forums.
All here are helpful.
But if their photo's turn out better than yours!!!!!!!!!!!! grin and bear it.

Whoops! loved the first one.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by vlad
Mar 25, 2013, 16:32