Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Get to know you!

It'd be nice to get to know all of you a little better, so I'm going to ask some questions Smile
Do not be obliged to answer all of them.
Here we go!

Name:
Hobbies (and how long):
Camera gear owned:
Music you listen to:

I'll think of more soon

I'll go first:
Name: Adam
What you do: 2nd year Undergraduate Mechanical Engineer at UWA
Hobbies (and how long): Camera (since a few years ago), guitar (since nov. 1999), computer (since I was born hehe)
Camera gear owned: Olympus D-360L, Canon EOS 300D, EF-S 18-55, EF 50mm f/1.8 (tripod, camera bag, lens pen hehehe)
Music you listen to: Hillsong, Planetshakers, Delirious, any guitar music!

Hi Adam! Glad to meet you!

Name: Ian
What you do: Business Analyst
Hobbies (and how long): Guitar (15 years)
Camera gear owned: Canon Powershot S30
Music you listen to: Rock - currently listening to Velvet Revolver's new album and lovin it!

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

I'll go third Smile

Name: Julian
What you do: IT Consultant
Hobbies (and how long): Photography, Music, Cooking, Reading, Sleeping, Maintaining Shuttertalk Smile
Camera gear owned: Canon EOS 300 + couple of lenes, Fujifilm S5000
Music you listen to: Hillsong, other christian artists like Shaun Groves, Steven Curtis Chapman...

Name: Rufus
What you do: I cant explain what I do, sorry!
Hobbies (and how long): Photography - 30 years,
Guitar - 20 years, Bass - 1 year, Drums - 30 years, song writing, 15 years.
Motorcycles, 28- years
Dogs - Always
Camera gear owned: Canon 10D, 100mm 2.8, 28-105,50,70-300,24-85, 17-35. 550ex flash with off camera bracket etc, 20gig Xdrive, blah blah, blah. Plus more and more....
Music you listen to:
Oh dear. Too much. However, my favourite Christian band is/was Waterdeep.

Please note that I only provided the gear info for reference. NOT as any type of boast. Indeed, some of my best shots have been taken with a bare minimum of equipment.

Cave canem

Nice to meet you all Smile
Don't worry, I'm not looking at you as a gear boaster, I asked the questions, and you were just simply answering them Smile

Name: Amy
Located: TX, USA
What I do: student at JBU, also art assistant for my mom who's a greeting card artist
Hobby: fine arts, photography, reading, scrapbooking, outdoors
fav music: Newsboys, Third Day, Dean Martin (Old classics)
camera gear: Nikon AF 28-80mm & D70s

Name: Rene
What you do: Retired Engineer, But.....Track Photographer at the local drag strip, teach Photography and Photoshop at the local college
Hobbies Photography, Fine Art, Drag Racing
Camera gear owned: Film: Pentax cameras (5), Kodak Retina, Digital: Sony F828, Canon 20D, Olympus C3020, Fuji A340.
Music you listen to: 50's and Country/Western.

Rene

To be heard, you must be seen.

g'day adam

Name: patrick
What you do: Mechanical Egnineer
Hobbies (and how long): photography - 5 yr, scale modeling - as long as i can remember
Camera gear owned: too many to list. all film except for an ixus 60.
Music you listen to: whatever is on the radio

It's amazing what old junk can do.
The toys

OK here we go Tongue

Name: Pat (also answers to Trish)
What do I do: besides cleaning house, ex Real Estate Agent who still dabbles
Hobbies: Photography (beginner) running my genealogy website & Forum
Camera & Gear: See below
Music: Music? while the cricket is on?

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Name: Keith
What you do: Sound Engineer for rock bands (nightclubs and concerts), former professional rock guitarist
Hobbies: Photography and photoblogging, 3D/Stereo photography, large-scale model rockets, restoring WWII rifles, N-Scale model railroading, cooking, gardening, beer and vodka
Camera gear owned: Sony F717, Bushnell/Slik tripod w/pan-tilt head, numerous old film and 8mm cameras
Music you listen to: I try to get away from music when I'm not working, but I like King'sX, Queensryche, Jellyfish, Pink Floyd, Alter Bridge, Frank Sinatra, Johnny Cash, Dean Martin, The Beatles, Elvis Presley, Led Zeppelin, Faith+1, BeBop Deluxe.....

Name: Matthew
What you do: Warehouse worker for a watch and jewelry importer.

Hobbies (and how long): Photography, four years; also enjoy kayaks, playing with my dogs, and reading. I have a lot of different interests, but few that have expanded into full-blown hobbies.

Camera gear owned: In order of use: Olympus E-1, E-300, and Stylus 800 P&S; lenses include 50mm f/2 macro, 11-22 wide zoom, 35mm f3.5 macro, 40-150 telephoto, and 14-54 standard zoom. (There's a Sony F828 waiting for someone I know to take up photography, too.) I've recently started building a lighting kit, and have an Alienbees B800, a couple of stands, umbrellas, a 3' lightcube, two on-camera flashes, and assorted other odds and ends.

Music you listen to: according to my iPod, my most listened to songs are by Poe, Rachael Yamagata, The Velvet Underground, David Bowie, Led Zeppelin, Nirvana, the Jesus & Mary Chain, Daniel Johnston, Bedouin Soundclash, and Blue Man Group.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

name:Lorraine
what do you do:waitress at a local restaurant
Hobbies:doing dog agility(modified equestrian that horses do)obedeince& rally-o
camera-canon rebel xt 350 and play with microsoft digital imaging

I must have missed this thread before:

Name: Chris Brown

What you do: State Manager and Wedding Photographer/Videographer

Hobbies (and how long): Photography (24 yrs), Reading (28 years), Camping (15 years)

Camera gear owned: Canon 5D and 20D bodies, Canon A95 point and shoot, Canon Pro 90 (broken), Canon 17-40L f4, Canon 24-70L f2.8, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS, Canon 85 f1.8, Canon 50 f1.4, Canon Extender, Sigma 1.4x teleconverter, Canon 580EX Flash, Canon 420EX Flash, Polaris Light Meter, Lightsphere x 2, Flip-It x 2, 19GB CF cards, Canon remote release cable, various filters, Bowens 500 Watt Studio Flash x 2, Bowens 250 Watt Studio Flash x 1, Softbox x 2, Manfrotto tripod x 2, Manfrotto monopod x 2, Light Stands x 5, Back drop kit, Telescopic poles x 2, Dragon 5 in 1 reflector kit, Crumpler Camera Bag.

Music you listen to: Various Christian contempory bands. Eli would probably be one of my favourites.

Canon stuff.

Name:Brad
What you do: Getting ready to finish my undergrad, and co-direct younger youth at church.
Hobbies (and how long): Photography (always liked taking pictures, but about a year as a serious hobby). Writing prose/poetry, I'm an aquarist (no that isn't a zodiac sign lol). I also enjoy what my wife calls useless information!
Camera gear owned: My dads old 35mm canon AE-1 and a few lenses. and a Fujifilm FinePix A340. Hoping to soon get a Canon rebel DXT... Smile
Music you listen to: Contemperary Christian (i.e. Third Day, MercyMe, Casting Crowns), new country, old country, bluegrass, folk... and those in between Cool

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 1Peter 1:16

name Teri
age 30
gender Female
location Illinois
What I do I stay at home with the kids.
Hobbies Draw, i love photography just not very good at it lol sitting in front of the computer when kids are at school and my animals. I have a lot of them. Ill list them for fun
1 Mali Uromastyx, 1 Savannah Monitor, 1 Bearded Dragon, 1 Eastern Box turtle, 1 three toed box turtle, 2 Leopard Geckos, 1 Kenyan sand boa, 1 rat, 1 common musk turtle, 1 cockatiel, 2 painted turtles, 1 figure eight puffer fish 1 green spotted puffer fish, 1 teddy bear hamster, 5 dogs, cats, 3 horses and 4 kids..I love them all.
Camera gear owned Kodak easyshare z710
Music I listen to I love music..Seether, Flyleaf, Disturbed, Three Days Grace are a few.

umm I think that is it..I really like reading this forum being a new member here, its amazing to see all the great photos you all have taken, love lookin at them.

Hi Teri
It sounds like you have a very interesting house-hold.Wecome to the forum.I think this one is one of the nicest and user friendly forums ,I have ever been on.I have 4 little beagles that I love taking pictures of.
Lorraine

Thanks!
I agree for the little time that I have been here I find it very friendly as well..its a nice place they have set up here.