Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lets Get To Know Each Other Better!

Hello Jenny ,

I grew up right acroos the bay from you in Clearwater . I cant wait to see some of your shots from the area .

Welcome to Shuttertalk im sure you will like it here ..

......... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Thanks, guys! Yeah, the tree photo is one of my favorites. It was the last shot of my infrared black and white film and it was just about to storm. Lightning was crashing everywhere and my friend and I were running for shelter when I turned around for some reason and saw those trees. I had to stop for a second to shoot them and then kept running. They're Live Oaks on Cumberland Island in Georgia. Really cool place to photograph.

I grew up in St. Petersburg and live across the Bay now. I've travelled around the world, but Florida will always be my home!!!

Toad, a D200? How do you like it? I'm cruisin' with a pair od D70's now just cause they get the job done and I need to save up for good lenses for wedding photography, but I'm aspiring to shoot with something more professional eventually and the D200 sounds like a dream camera save the banding and the loose grip rubber complaints.

At any rate I suppose I might as well introduce myself since I haven't been in here in over a year- I'm Matt, I'm 22 and I live in Southern California as a wedding / nature photographer. That's not yet my "day job", but I hope to make it such eventually...

Take care,
-Matt-

"It's not what you look at, it's what you see..."
http://www.matthewsaville.com

Welcome back Matt and hello Jenny.

Canon stuff.

Hey Matt.

The D200 is a dream (from my perspective anyway). Don't sweat the banding - it is merely an indication of a [u}BAD[/u] photo. The only times I have been able to reproduce it (and I have tried to engineer the circumstances), is in photos that are so out-of-focus and badly exposed that it could never be a keeper. The weather stripping, controls, and metering are to die for. If you have a pair of D70s though - I don't see a major reason to upgrade unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket..

The grip rubber? Haven't noticed any issue myself - you have been spending too much time with the nit-pickers at dpreview by the sound of it...Wink

Yeah, I LOVE my D200! I use Nikons at work and Canon blows them away. I've never had the banding problem or heard of anybody who has. That little camera has been so beaten up but it still keeps going (I just had to send my favorite lens in for repair, tho). The metering rocks and the menu systems are so easy to use.

Hi all,

I'm a photography newbie, my husband gave me a Kodak C340 point and shoot for christmas and I have been hooked ever since. About 6 weeks ago he got me a second hand Canon 350D with 18-55mm kit lens and a Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 DG macro lens. I've never owned or used an SLR camera before, so I'm on a ste-e-e-ep learning curve at the moment. I'm enrolling in a photography course starting next month.
I have posted on other websites and have been given some great feedback, so I'm hoping to learn from this site as well.
At church our minister is also into photography and we have just started a photo club which will meet once a month.
I am married and have 2 teenage boys.
I look forward to sharing my little corner of the world with you........

Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Wecome ABree ,

We are all on a steep learning curve here . Some more that others thought. ( like me ) . Cant wait to see some of your photos .

And congrats on the new camrea .

........ Shawn

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Great to "see" you here Sharon.

Cheers,

Chris

Canon stuff.

Welcome!

G'day all, it's Mike from LA. I publish the free Plugs 'N Pixels ezine (and accompanying website) which strives to organize Photoshop-compatible plug-ins and related imaging applications into an informative and easy-to-browse directory. Everything is free; no registration is required.

I've got the Shuttertalk forum linked from my Links page, and I try to visit each of the listed forums on a regular basis.

I work in higher education (IT Consultant), managing Mac labs and the Photo studio (we've got a Leaf digital back for our 4x5s and Hasselblads; I don't touch it because I don't want to be the one who drops it first! :o).

Looking forward to sharing photo-related info with all of you. I just returned from Photoshop World (Vegas) and learned some new tricks and met some familiar (and not yet familiar) folks.

Mike

DIGITAL IMAGING BLOG
www.plugsandpixels.com/blog

Welcome Mike... good to have you here. Big Grin

Feel free to share any tricks you may have learnt.. Big Grin

Great to see you here at Shuttertalk Mike.

Cheers,

Chris

Canon stuff.

Thanks for the welcomeSmileBig Grin

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Hi ABree, I live at Shoal Bay, we cant complain of not being able to take any water shots can we Big Grin surrounded by water, water and more water.

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Hey plugsnpixels...interesting site - I am downloading a couple of trials. I am a major compisitor - so we will see if Chameleon makes it easier on me. BTW: the links to Chameleon have a bit of rot. Thanks for pointing out the site.

Hi all,
My name is Bill and I have been into photography on a casual basis for about 25 years (we recieved $200 for a wedding present and I bought a Pentax K1000 with it). Last year we went to New Zealand and the superb scenery really gave me the bug to get further into this photography stuff. I have a Pentax *ist DS and have recently bought the K100D (why oh why didn't I wait for the 10D Rolleyes). Anyway, I have started a photographic business through my association with our local cricket club (taking team photos and they need an ABN number) and have continued to grow - I love shooting sunrises and sunsets and basically am continually looking for subjects to shoot. My 4 kids hide when the camera comes out.
Well that's about it.
Bill

Welcome Bill!! Smile

Excellent, another Pentax person. Not sure about eating people though.

Cheers.

Pete D

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Welcome Bill ,

cant wait to see your work .

......... Shawn

Hi Bill - I use the DS too - I'm looking forward to seeing some shots from you. I can see the new 10D bringing alot of people back to pentax.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Great to have you here Bill - as the other's said, good to have another Pentax user.

Canon stuff.

it's been a while, but welcome to all the new comers.

It's amazing what old junk can do.
The toys

Thanks all for the welcome! Issue #7 of Plugs 'N Pixels went live last night! I show how to rescue less than stellar images with plug-ins.

DIGITAL IMAGING BLOG
www.plugsandpixels.com/blog

I enjoy taking pictures of wildlife in the wild. Also like photographing my Yorkie after his haircuts. Other than that, I take occasional pictures of my family and our vacations.