Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lets Get To Know Each Other Better!

Welcome to Shuttertalk, soholinda. Hope to see some photos soon!!

Hi Linda, it's good to see you here. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I'm Rene, I shoot Automobile Racing to fund my hobby and Close-up Photography is my passion. I also shoot whatever comes before me. I am a retired Engineer, also teach Digital Photography and PhotoShop at the local college. Looking forward to visiting this site.

[Image: 0400606003wny8.jpg]

Rene

To be heard, you must be seen.

Hey, welcome! It's nice to have you here. It's starting to feel quite familiar.

-mrobertson.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Wow!! Nice racing shot - can't wait to see more! Welcome aboard.

Welcome to the forum... Nice treatment on your picture Smile
Would love to see more...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

matthew Wrote:Hey, welcome! It's nice to have you here. It's starting to feel quite familiar.

-mrobertson.
Hello Matthew, yes familiar it is I'm glad to be aboard. Soholinda got the word to me about Shuttertalk.

Thank you for the comments and welcome Toad and Irma!

Rene

That's excellent. You'll quickly find yourself at home here, it's a great bunch of people.

I think I saw J&H register, but he hasn't dropped in to say hello yet.

I'm going to try to be more active here than I was on SC/DPD.

Rene

Welcome rdegro, looking forward to your photos and advice for novices (like me) :|

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Pat Wrote:Welcome rdegro, looking forward to your photos and advice for novices (like me) :|
Hmmm.... Pat, after looking at your posts, I can learn from you!

[Image: thumbsupyt6.gif]

Rene

Hi Redegro - great to see you here.

Canon stuff.

I started reading this thread and I see that there are some Aussies on this forum!

I'm an Aussie, too, but I'm a very bad Aussie because I went to England in 1979 "just for a couple of years" and I'm still there!Big Grin

My academic background is a B.Sc. from the Faculty of Mathematical Sciences at the University of Adelaide. More recently, I've done a couple of postgraduate units in the Open University's Computing for Commerce and Industry programme, but I can't afford the fees to do any more at the moment. Not sure I've got the time, either.

I've done much the same job all my working life, but my job title has varied from Programmer to Analyst/Programmer to Software Engineer. Software Engineer seems to be the current flavour of the month as it encompasses those who had Analyst/Programmer job titles and worked on IBM Midrange equipment and those who had Developer job titles and came up through VB or Java.

I started photography with a Kodak Instamatic 25 some time in the 1960s, and when I thought that I'd become better than the camera, I moved up to a Pentax KM. I stuck with that, just adding lenses until some time in the 1990s, when I started adding extra bodies as well! I've now got the original KM, two MXs, two MZ-Ms, a Ricoh KR-10 Super and two Ricoh XR-Xs. Then in 2004 I went on a post-Christmas shopping spree and got a Pentax *ist DS digital SLR and all of those film cameras have been lying idle ever since. Some of the lenses, still get outings, though, but they're all manual focus, and I've acquired two AF lenses to complement the kit lens and tend to use the old lenses only if I want a prime lens or I want to shoot close-ups. The Tamron 85-210 is still the best lens I've got for macro.

I will point a camera at just about anything, but have developed a special interest in low light photography. My tripod (still the one I bought in the 1970s for the KM) is my best friend.Smile Stephen, my partner, is even better than a best friend, though, and he carries my best friend for me!Big Grin

Hi Helen - Welcome to Shuttertalk, my husband came to Australia from England for a short time but ended up staying and marrying me! Look forward to seeing your photos.

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Hi Helen...
Welcome to Shuttertalk... Look forward to seeing some of your pictures...

Paul Cezanne

Welcome one and all - especially to soholinda, rdegro and HelenEdith! Hope your stay is a pleasant one! Big Grin

Jules

Welcome HelenEdith! I'm also new here but seem to have found a home.

[Image: welcome003cv2.gif]

Rene

hi everyone

wow, so many new people, welcome to the friendly forum.
yes there are few australian in here,

christian

Hi Helen;

Welcome, and thanks for giving such a great introduction. Your website's certainly worth browsing, too -- I found the photos from Adelaide, as I'm looking forward to visiting the area myself in the new year.

This is a great forum, and very multinational. You'll feel right at home.

Thanks to everybody who posted welcome messages.Smile

I can't promise to be an every day regular here, but I intend to drop in when the spirit moves me. It was due to someone posting a link to this place from rec.photo.digital.slr-systems in Usenet that led me here, and it looks like a good place to share work and discuss things.

Hey everyone! My name is Amy, and I'm a Texan American...and if you're curious, I don't have an accent that I'm aware of. I'm 21, and I found the site by trying to get more info on digital cams, as I now am happy to have a new D70 AF-S Zoom Nikkor Camera. I've had a film camera since I was in high school ( a Nikon AF 28-80 mm ), and I've taken one photojouranlism class in 11th grade. It helped but it was only a b&w developing class. Now, I've taken a few graphic art classes at a private Christian college JBU, but using photoshop for digital photos will take everything to a whole new level. However, I hardly know anything about digital cameras. So, I'm glad for all ya'lls comments on the forum.
Btw, Shuttertalk..that's a cool green funny lama thingy.Smile

Welcome to Shuttertalk, CC. Hope to see some photos, soon.

Best
T

Welcome to Shuttertalk Amy... Smile

I also have a D70... It is a beautiful camera... unfortunatelly I never could get the lens I wanted (18-200mm?) At the moment I take pictures with a canon...

Look forward to seeing some of your pictures... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Thanks for the welcome!
I've taken a couple of pics, however, they go above the limit for KBs to upload it. Most of mine are around 2 MB or less. However, just for a random pic of one of my drawings in pencil, here's one I did back in 11th grade with some cheap digital camera.

[Image: 49_fstcollegesemstr%20010.jpg]

Hi,

I'm Bill, an old guy, former film pro, now investigating what can be done with consumer-level digital and free software. Having lots of fun, too!

Namaste