Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lets Get To Know Each Other Better!

Hi Every-one
I'm from Vancouver-Island B.C. Canada.I have 4 little beagle dogs who have gotten me into taking pictures which Ifound I love doing.I have a canon eos rebel xt .Boy is it ever a whole new learning curve.I enjoy playing on the computer as well.I'm sure glad to have found this site.It's great.
Lorraine

Welcome Namaste and Lorraine. I feel a little odd saying as I haven't been around in a while but we'll try and correct that. You'll love it here.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Im Lee and im 24 and maried with two kids , I live in southampton England and work night shift as a mechanic and in my spare time i like to take photos.Big Grin

Hey there newbie to site whom knows almost nothing..i have bowens esprit lighting setup with canon 300d white and black card backdrops on stands and intend on doing children and fmaily shots. have done a few things here and there but have buggered them up and totally are clueless when it comes to the lighting setup and what the camera settings should be thus being here on this site hehe,so look out for fifty stupid questions...great site have been reading for past two hours and learning alot already..

fiona
redland bay qld

Ogilberry Wrote:Hey there newbie to site whom knows almost nothing..i have bowens esprit lighting setup with canon 300d white and black card backdrops on stands and intend on doing children and fmaily shots. have done a few things here and there but have buggered them up and totally are clueless when it comes to the lighting setup and what the camera settings should be thus being here on this site hehe,so look out for fifty stupid questions...great site have been reading for past two hours and learning alot already..

fiona
redland bay qld
Sounds like there is a few of us newbies on here.It should be fun helping each other.It took me awhile to get the nerve to up-load a photo and then an other 20 mins. to figure out how even though the instructions were very clear. I was quite happy that I managed it.I have only been here awhile but have learned lots.
Lorraine
P.S you guys should have a delete on here for when us newbies mess up and post the same reply twice.

Hi Beagles Too. Practise makes perfect.Big Grin although once is enough.
You have come to the right place, just read and read and you will learn a lot. Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Welcome to coffeconsumer, Bill, Lorraine... Smile

Look forward to seeing some of your pictures... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Welcome to all you new guys - great to see lots of new people around.

Canon stuff.

yeah great to see lots of new members "welcome all" oh and good to see Peto too Wink Smile

Hey
Im Breanna. Normally from Canada, but living in AUS for a while. My weapon of choice is the Canon Rebel XT (digital of course)...but Im thinking of upgrading soon.
Check out my work.
BKo Foto

Quick question for anyone who is good at this stuff
When you email your pics to ppl for probono stuff, so you put a signature on?

Welcome B.Ko Foto!
Just looked through your work on your flickr! You've been capturing all the action in Perth for the past few weeks! and well done Smile

Russt Wrote:yeah great to see lots of new members "welcome all" oh and good to see Peto too Wink Smile
Thanks Russ. Great to be seen.Smile

Welcome to the board BKo Foto. Took a look at some images at fliker. Great stuff. I love photographing extreme sports. I don't get the chance much but always interrested when the chance arises. Added you as a Fliker contact.Smile

My flickr images

I am new also. New to PC & Photography.
From Northern Indiana USA.
Just call me granny 60 years old & need all the help I can get from all of you. Good or bad ( my work I mean) lol not you guys.Big Grin

Wannabe Wrote:I am new also. New to PC & Photography.
Just call me granny 60 years old & need all the help I can get from all of you. Good or bad ( my work I mean) lol not you guys.Big Grin
Welcome to Shuttertalk. If you need any help, just ask. This is the friendliest photo forum on the web.

Im a 66 year old retired jew from New York living for the last 30 years in Winnipeg Canada. I've been taking pictures since I was a youth and got into digicams about 5 years ago with a Casio 3.1 megapixel.

I'm into poetry, drawing, and photography as well as taking care of my ailing wife.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Toad Wrote:
Wannabe Wrote:I am new also. New to PC & Photography.
Welcome to Shuttertalk. If you need any help, just ask. This is the friendliest photo forum on the web.

Thank you Toad. I sure hope so ( friendliest ).That is what bI am looking for.

Hi there! My name is Andi Hazelwood, I'm an American living in Biggenden Shire in rural Queensland with my Australian husband- I'm originally from San Diego, California.

I've been into photography for almost 4 years and shoot pretty much anything that makes an interesting subject! I have a website for my photography at www.titoi.com and my photoblog is at www.deandi.com

I found this site by searching for some Australian photography forums- sometimes there's more relevant information where you actually are!

Nice to meetcha and happy Christmas eve!

Hey Andi, nice to meet you, and welcome to Shuttertalk! Hope you have lots of fun around here. Feel free to ask any questions or post away - we're all pretty friendly round here. To your husband - "G'day!" Big Grin

Hi Andi,
Welcome,I was just over to your web site.You sure have some beautiful photos there.
Lorraine

Thank you both for the nice welcome! Lorraine, I'm glad you like the photos! I've got tons more I need to add Smile

Welcome to the forum Wannabe and AndiHazelwood. As Toad said, this is the friendliest forum around. Smile

My flickr images

Hi everybody. Been lurking around for a little bit and thought it was time to "show" my face, so to speak.

I started using a DSLR (Nikon D50) around September when I decided that I was tired of using stock photos for my digital artwork. Its been a lovefest ever since. I've since acquired multiple lenses and goodies and don't see an end in sight! LOL

I live in what I consider the most beautiful and perfect part of the country and am just amazed by what nature shows me everyday to photograph. More on that later, lol.

Anyways.... background.. very concise and very quick. 38, disabled Navy Vet (for anybody who knows about the Navy, I was a an FC), married to an FC1 (in laymans lingo.... he's Navy too), with a little man who just turned 4 this year. Was a SAHM while finishing my Bachelors (2 of them, one in Computer Science with a concentration in Computer Information Systems and the other will be done sometime this year in Business Admin) and I'm actually looking forward to going back to work sometime in the next couple of months. Being a SAHM is difficult work and I have alot of respect and admiration now for women or men who do that.

OK.. so that wasn't very concise after all! LOL.. looking forward to "meeting" all of you and hmmm.. here is my most recent photo.

[Image: statute1226.jpg]

I did some post photo editting in photoshop to it to set a particular mood. I call it watching over the garden.

Welcome aboard Melissa. Smile

My flickr images

Hi! Another newbie!

I'm a 28 year old university student in my last year of a teaching degree.
Live in Brisbane, sunny Queensland, Australia.
Plan to teach in remote Australian Aboriginal communities when I (finally) finish my degree.
Love experiencing life and learning about our amazing world by immersing myself in locations and cultures different to my own. Like voluntarily teaching English in Islamic boarding schools in East Java, Indonesia. Or teaching scuba-diving on Rhodes Island, Greece.

I've started up an online custom art service with my partner, Matt, that transforms photos into canvas-printed artworks. (ha ha you may have noticed there's a few of us around these days but I really believe our artwork is far superior to our competitors who seem to just be using basic photoshop filters).

Here are a couple of examples:

[Image: image10.jpg]

[Image: image15.jpg]

[Image: image18.jpg]

Would love any feedback on our artwork and business.

Also looking forward to showing off a few of my adventures captured with my camera lens. I'm no expert but I like to think I make up for it with some interesting subject matter.

Thanks for reading about me! Big Grin

Rachel.