Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lichens in the woods

We have so many different sizes, shapes, and colors of lichens (I think that's what they are called), I've been taking lots of pics of different ones to see what I can do with them. As usual my Nikon Coolpix P600 fixed lens. Yes, Rolf no tripod. I promise to practice......

Excellent captures - well taken.

You are progressing nicely!! Put a diffuser on the flash, a piece of kitchen roll will suffice. Ed.

To each his own!

Quote:We have so many different sizes, shapes, and colors of lichens (I think that's what they are called), I've been taking lots of pics of different ones to see what I can do with them. As usual my Nikon Coolpix P600 fixed lens. Yes, Rolf no tripod. I promise to practice......

Nice shots czkid. Just for your interest they are Trametes, a genus in the Fungi kingdom; very common but nevertheless attractive for their colour banding. I see them particularly associated with fallen birch trees, stumps and felled birch logs.

Photography is a never-ending journey

Thank you.

(Feb 16, 2015, 02:38)Jeffbridge Wrote:  Excellent captures - well taken.

Thank you, EdMak -- I'm writing all this down to practice with...........seriously.

(Feb 16, 2015, 03:31)EdMak Wrote:  You are progressing nicely!! Put a diffuser on the flash, a piece of kitchen roll will suffice. Ed.

As usual, I can learn about photography and plants from you. Thank you, Peter.

(Feb 16, 2015, 07:29)Plantsman Wrote:  
Quote:We have so many different sizes, shapes, and colors of lichens (I think that's what they are called), I've been taking lots of pics of different ones to see what I can do with them. As usual my Nikon Coolpix P600 fixed lens. Yes, Rolf no tripod. I promise to practice......

Nice shots czkid. Just for your interest they are Trametes, a genus in the Fungi kingdom; very common but nevertheless attractive for their colour banding. I see them particularly associated with fallen birch trees, stumps and felled birch logs.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post