Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Life near the beach

Ground squirrel - Nutty

Cactus - Prickly

Lost teddy - Dossing

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

The first one is really amazing! I love them all, but the squirrel is just so darn cute Big Grin

Thanks alessya.

On Fuerteventura (Canary islands) there are now around 300,000 and are threatening indigenous species.
Apparently they were kept as pets in the 60's and it is thought these were the escapees.

Chipmunks/ground squirrels.

These were at the salt farm (Los Salinos) and are people friendly. They are very amusing and gentle, although bear in mind they are wild and could take off a finger.
I still have all mine. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

(Nov 20, 2012, 06:12)NT73 Wrote:  Chipmunks/ground squirrels.

These were at the salt farm (Los Salinos) and are people friendly. They are very amusing and gentle, although bear in mind they are wild and could take off a finger.
I still have all mine. Big Grin

Wish you could send me one Big Grin We only have cats, dogs and flying rats here Dodgy

Btw, I love the last photo very, very much.

I love this kind of photo. Inspiring work.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Everybody loves the flying rat!

The last one is really great. The other two are nice as well, you should do a series documenting the life near the beach.

Thanks Korry, Don, and vlad.
The bear was just discarded on the beach. I picked it up and set it at a more suitable angle.
Sometimes the inspiration is all around . Other times nothing. I have a lot of nothing shots. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.

(Nov 19, 2012, 18:24)NT73 Wrote:  Ground squirrel - Nutty

Very Nice, you really nailed that Squirrel Smile

Cactus - Prickly

Sharp in more ways than one Shy

Lost teddy - Dossing
Awwwwwwwwwwww poor Teddy Smile

(Nov 22, 2012, 17:04)NT73 Wrote:  Thanks Korry, Don, and vlad.
The bear was just discarded on the beach. I picked it up and set it at a more suitable angle.
Sometimes the inspiration is all around . Other times nothing. I have a lot of nothing shots. Big Grin

I believe we all have quite a lot of nothing shots Big Grin

P.S.
from my humble experience, I would say that the bear is actually a frog Tongue

That is a very loved frog there, we have the same one. I really like the first pic. LOVE the texture of the fur.

I love the first one, reminds me of the evil plotting chipmunk I caught at the zoo a while back! I swear, that's how I photographed him!

Attached Files Image(s)

(Nov 24, 2012, 16:27)Korry Wrote:  P.S.
from my humble experience, I would say that the bear is actually a frog Tongue

(Nov 25, 2012, 16:34)BrandyMaeD Wrote:  That is a very loved frog there, we have the same one. I really like the first pic. LOVE the texture of the fur.

I bow to your superior knowledge ladies. I did think it a funny colour for a bear.
It's a long while since my childhood. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Sep 24, 2017, 18:39
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jul 1, 2017, 09:54