Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lijiang Dancers

I just finished these few shots, taken on our first morning in Lijiang, Yunnan.
We were having breakfast on the third floor of a Cafe when these amature dancers gathered in the market
square beneath us. First I didn't want to go down as i was running out of space on my card and thought they would be performing every morning.

Boy am I glad I did go down:

[Image: _MG_7503.jpg]

[Image: _MG_7504_cr.jpg]

[Image: _MG_7507.jpg]

[Image: _MG_7508.jpg]

These are not or only very slightly cropped (<10% cut off), I was practiacally stepping on their feet while shooting Smile

Hope you like them,

Uli

PS: I just realize that on this screen their faces look a pretty ugly greenish gray, that is not the case where I process them..... could be because they are adobe RGB, next time will convert.

....so what's wrong with them? :/

Uli

Sorry for not commenting earlier. My favorite of these 4 shots would be #3.

#1 suffers *slightly* from the closed eyes of some of the people.

In #2, the expression on the second person fro the left is a bit odd - but I like the profile of the 3rd person.

I really like the expression on the second person in #4 very much.

#3 really nails it though - all natural expressions, great color and DOF.

Well done!

thanks for you comments Toad,

#4 is definitely my favorite, too, and in all of them I kind of miss seeing that they are actually dancing. All my wider shots were crap.

in #2 some of them are actually singing Smile , but not knowing that, their expressions look odd indeed.

uli

Very nice expressions in these ones Uli... Smile
#3 and #4 my faves because of their expressions and format.
What lens did you use for this series and your street photography?

About the colors I see them well. Just the third one a bit greenish but just a bit. What program do you use to convert your RAW files?

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

What great images Uli, #3 is my fav, but all are good

Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Irma, Sharon, thank you very much.

Irma, everything was shot with my 24-70L.
I'm using PS CSII. I just don't have enough experience profiling, converting, etc. I need a profiled setup sooner or later.

Uli