Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Like a painter!

Today, I just wanted to play with the colours (and yes, contrast, ect.) on some of my photographs... I felt myself like a painter Smile It was so enjoyable to create once again with different touches. Not professional one! Maybe some of tyhem are not as usual way but at least it was just an experimental work.Anyway, here are they what I did today,

1)
[Image: IMG_7710a.jpg]

This is an old building in the Galata district (or in another saying, in Pera (Beyoğlu). The old building and the orange curtain in the wind hit my eyes... Then today, I worked on this picture more.

2)
[Image: IMG_7710a22.jpg]

3)
[Image: IMG_7710a33.jpg]

(to be continued)

Thanks and Love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Another old building in the same area. Especially the texture of the wall hit my eyes through the colours. But then I tried to give another touches too!

4)
[Image: IMG_7611a.jpg]

5)
[Image: IMG_7611a22.jpg]

6)
[Image: IMG_7611a33.jpg]

(to be continued)

Thanks and Love,
nia

Ansel Adams

In the same area, there was a strange window, I don't know what is this and where is... but can't be a house for family, maybe a kind of studio, or something else... anyway! Everything seemed to me interesting in this picture!

7)
[Image: IMG_7707a.jpg]

8)
[Image: IMG_7707a22.jpg]

9)
[Image: IMG_7707a33.jpg]

(to be contiuned)

Thanks and Love,
nia

Ansel Adams

The most beautiful thing is in this area, you can see the Bosphorus... All these buildings seem very old and ruined but inside of them are all decorated and restored and they are all very expensive for rent because of their views... The view of the Bosphorus. Anyway, while I was walking down the street I took this picture... Between the old buildings the Bosphorus and the other side standing there.

10)
[Image: IMG_7621a.jpg]

11)
[Image: IMG_7621a22.jpg]

12)
[Image: IMG_7621a33.jpg]

Thank you,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Hi nia. Interesting experiments with color and effects. Nice to see you pushing your personal envelope with this work.

I think your black and white conversions tend to work quite well with the subject matter - particularly in sets 1 and 3. In these sets, the B&W really show the textures and tones of the subject. The 2 sets that show significant patches of sky don't grab me quite as much - but they are very nice as well.

I really like all of the original color versions.

The solarized versions are interesting but don't speak to me so much - with the exception of set 3 - where the solarized version is a peach! The deep violet color patches on grey and black are very effective.

Well done!

Thank you dear Robert, I give a quick reply now, I will come back later, your thoughts are always so appreciated for me, you are so nice,

with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Toad Wrote:Hi nia. Interesting experiments with color and effects. Nice to see you pushing your personal envelope with this work.

I think your black and white conversions tend to work quite well with the subject matter - particularly in sets 1 and 3. In these sets, the B&W really show the textures and tones of the subject. The 2 sets that show significant patches of sky don't grab me quite as much - but they are very nice as well.

I really like all of the original color versions.

The solarized versions are interesting but don't speak to me so much - with the exception of set 3 - where the solarized version is a peach! The deep violet color patches on grey and black are very effective.

Well done!
These were all an experimental work for me and I tried to create something in different ways/colours... And yes, the Black and white conversions are my favurite, B/W is always much more impressive, and light and shadows are much more clear there... I agree with you dear Robert, thank you once again that you shared your thoughts, it is so appreciated for me.

Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Nia, it's great to see your experiments.
Personally I'm not a big fan of the solarization, but the black and white versions are nice.

But my favourite is definately the very first shot you posted. The colour version of the three windows. I love the two windows with orange frames juxstaposed against the single window with a white frame but orange curtains. I'm not sure what prompted you to take this photo, but whatever it was, you should listen to that instinct. I think it's terrific. Smile

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

I am very happy to see how much your compositions have improved nia. I like your BW treatment ... Smile

Very nice series.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Kombisaurus Wrote:Nia, it's great to see your experiments.
Personally I'm not a big fan of the solarization, but the black and white versions are nice.

But my favourite is definately the very first shot you posted. The colour version of the three windows. I love the two windows with orange frames juxstaposed against the single window with a white frame but orange curtains. I'm not sure what prompted you to take this photo, but whatever it was, you should listen to that instinct. I think it's terrific. Smile
Sorry for my late reply dear Adrian, I am so glad that you shared with me your thoughts, Smile Yes, it was almost an experimental works for me, I wanted to create something with them, to be honest it is a great fun for me Smile I love to play with them. I am not a professional photographer as most of you in here, you know this dear Adrian, I go step by step... and sometimes I catch a nice shots! And of course, this is also so exciting too. As yours, my favurite it the original one too! The colours of the window hit my eyes... Do you know, when I had a camera my eyes began to look (or watch or to see) in different way... Smile I am sure you can understand what I try to say. So it was just a moment when I saw this window, I captured. But not having a good chance for taking pictures, every time!

Thank you so much,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Irma Wrote:I am very happy to see how much your compositions have improved nia. I like your BW treatment ... Smile

Very nice series.
Thank you so much dear Irma, it is so nice to hear these words from you too Smile You both made my day now, that I needed so much to hear nice things in my life... Once again thanks Adrian and Irma,

Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post