Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Lilacs

More or less the same setup but different places and light... Still not sure which one I like better.

It was a very difficult flower to place in a still life. They fainted so soon... I had to refill the vase few times with fresh flowers to keep the same appearance. I can't imagine how people who painted these flowers before the camera was invented did the job.

[Image: 89_IMG_9196-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_9172-Edit.jpg]

Hope you like them.... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hey Irma!

you are really persistent! And the shots turned out very nice.
Personally, I like the second one better, it come across as slightly pale on this screen, but
I like the weaker contrast.
In the first one, the color of the flowers is beautiful and vibrant, but some of the shadows in between the flowers and in the curtains seem a bit too strong for me.
just my 2c..

Greetings!

Uli

Irma, both shots are beautiful, but I’m partial to the first one. I like the play of light and shadow the curtain creates, and the shot just has a warm, inviting feeling to it that I really like.

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Thanks so much for your comment Uli, Aine... Smile

It was very interesting to me to make this kind of experiment with light... I like very much the tidiness of the second one as if everything were more in control, but the mood of the first one is the thing I like the most.

Still life has become a very difficult photography to me. I have been working a lot really, and nothing seems to work well... I started feeling frustrated, but I don't want to give up. I am trying at the moment a different setup and lighting. I hope I get something nice soon.

Paul Cezanne

Irma,

not that I think you need to hear this, but just for your comfort, I think you are one of the
most con- and persistent contributors to ST, and all that without the pressure of having to do it
for a life.. Everyone has their downs, next tide will come and you will surf on what you learn from
your mistakes. Isn't that what we all do?

Jia you ("Gib Gas!") is what the Chinese say to cheer for and encourage someone.

Greetings!

Uli

Thanks so much Uli...
You are very kind.... Smile

Paul Cezanne

The first is definitely my favourite. The second looks too sterile for such pretty flowers.

Canon stuff.

the longer I look at them....
If you could get the same tone, brightness and temperature (contrast I am not sure...) in the the second as in the first, maybe it would be even better?

I like the first one, but the longer I look at it, the more distracting the gaps and the joints in the tiles and all become.
In the second you solved that by covering everything with the curtain, I think that was a good idea.
I also like the way you arranged the glass and leaves in the second one better.

Greetings again,

Uli

Thanks Chris for your comment... Smile

Uli,
I went to the garden to pick up more flowers but they are all already gone... I think this proyect with lilacs will have to wait for a year to retake it again.

Thanks for your comment... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Smile that's how it goes....
that's like with the little lead figurined, that as soon as I discovered them for me were suddenly sold out all over China...Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Petographer
May 21, 2006, 11:16
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jun 5, 2005, 10:34