Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Loch Lomond

I took these photos using my Canon 600D. Some slight photoshop was done to straighten horizon a tad and get rid of a couple of birds. Original photo specs were:

1 - f/16, 1/60 sec. ISO 100, 29mm focal length taken at 09.24 hrs
2 - f/16, 1/15 sec. ISO 100, 18mm focal length taken at 19.15 hrs

Attached Files Image(s)

Two gorgeous images. The first one really captures the mood of the place.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

A wonderful place depicted in two nice shots. I prefer the atmospheric feel of the first one. The second is a bit dazzling for me - probably just the sort of scene that would benefit from restrained use of HDR techniques. Smile

Cheers.
Philip

(Dec 1, 2015, 04:22)Jocko Wrote:  Two gorgeous images. The first one really captures the mood of the place.

Thank you for your kind comment John. I love Scotland.
Jane

(Dec 1, 2015, 09:11)MrB Wrote:  A wonderful place depicted in two nice shots. I prefer the atmospheric feel of the first one. The second is a bit dazzling for me - probably just the sort of scene that would benefit from restrained use of HDR techniques. Smile

Cheers.
Philip

Thank you Philip. My favourite is the first one, and I have done no processing with the other one, other than get rid of some birds on the water. Perhaps I need to tone the sunshine a bit, it was as taken, but I prefer them that way. As Ed says "to each his own"
Regards Jane

Hi Jane,

Ditto the above comments. I also find number 1 to be the more pleasing, but, having said that, they are both first class images. Number two may have benefited by using a graduated ND filter. So with Christmas coming up? Just a thought. Smile

Best regards.

Phil.

(Dec 3, 2015, 18:44)Phil J Wrote:  Hi Jane,

Ditto the above comments. I also find number 1 to be the more pleasing, but, having said that, they are both first class images. Number two may have benefited by using a graduated ND filter. So with Christmas coming up? Just a thought. Smile

Best regards.

Phil.

Thank you Phil. What a great idea for Christmas, thank you for the thought SmileSmile
Regards
Jane

My goodness - stunning images.

(Dec 4, 2015, 07:37)Jeffbridge Wrote:  My goodness - stunning images.

Thank you for your kind comment Jeffbridge.
With regards
Jane

Here are three views of Loch Lomond in changing light.

Dimage Z3, 1/1000 sec, f4, ISO 50, Aperture Priority.

Dimage Z3, 1/640 sec, f4.5, ISO 50, Aperture Priority.

Nikon D80, 1/320 sec, f9, ISO 200, 57mm lens equivalent.

Top one for me, moody, try cropping out the Pier? Ed.

To each his own!

The first one is my favorite. We saw lots of different weather when we went in September. Just love this place and Glencoe. I agree with Ed about the pier, but great photos.
Regards
Jane

The pier was my point in taking the photo. The background was merely fortuitous. As I said elsewhere, I am primarily a record photographer. Nice shots happen by chance!
I had meant to post this cropping, taking out the extraneous stuff round the harbour, but somehow the wrong one was posted.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Phil J
Jun 29, 2016, 18:10
Last Post by Browser Mike
Mar 20, 2014, 16:35