Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

London

[Image: AIKwLWy.jpg]

SmileJohn

Brillianr! Great Fun

(Mar 25, 2016, 13:34)caveman Wrote:  [Image: AIKwLWy.jpg]

Well now I just want chocolate... and it's breakfast!

Here's one or two from Borough High Street area - a magical hidden den of London that reeks of centuries of history and yet boasts todays latest in architectural devices.

Cheers! Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

Borough High Street. Yes, I'll have to go again. Ruth

Ruth - The Borough Market is totally un-miss-able.
Craig - Totally with you on that one!

Jeff

Borough Market ancient and modern!

Jeff

Attached Files Image(s)

(Apr 2, 2016, 12:42)Freeman Wrote:  Ruth - The Borough Market is totally un-miss-able.
Craig - Totally with you on that one!

Jeff
food fest!!!

SmileJohn

http://www.boroughmarket.org.uk/

SmileJohn

Last Wednesday, after meetings through the afternoon I walked past the Palace and through St James Park to Westminster, and thence by tube to Paddington from the train home. Here are some images from that walk to add to our London stock. Nice evening, bright sun with dark blue skies.

Attached Files Image(s)

Lovely images.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

Super series. Ed.

To each his own!

Lovey images! Well done!

My wife & I hope one day to visit England. We live in California. We so enjoy British music and comedies. Our "proverbial" list of must-have items on a deserted island would certainly include our collection of music from The Smiths, The Chameleons and The Cure along with our Fawlty Towers, Keeping Up Appearances and Chef! video collection.

Tony

"My wife & I make the perfect point-and-shoot photography team. She points and I shoot!"

Thanks all! I placed two more from this series in the current competition also. Yes, if you have not visited England, it still has something very special about it, though of course every country does, not least north America.

Nice, very nice indeedSmile

SmileJohn

(Apr 17, 2016, 13:19)Tony Britton Wrote:  My wife & I hope one day to visit England. We live in California.

Back in the 1980 I spent three weeks in California, and loved it. I thought San Francisco was the most wonderful city in the world. Then, a few years later I paid my first ever visit to London. Awesome. Totally different from San Francisco but it stole my heart. There is just so much to see in such a small area and with a brilliant Underground system you can walk and ride all day. 1000 years of history from one Tube stop to the next. I have not travelled much in the rest of England. I have spent my entire life, north of the border, here in Scotland, but from what I have seen I am sure you will enjoy your visit.
John.

Ask yourself, "What's most important for the final image?".

That is beautiful! Excellent Shot!!!

Hi all

MEET IN LONDON NEXT TUESDAY

More thanks for the extra comments - I'm delighted you enjoyed these pictures.

I will be in London on Tuesday next week, 26th April, and free from 9am or so to about 2.00pm or so. If anyone would like to meet up somewhere interesting for a photo shoot, please let me know.

Regards all

Jeff

Hi all

I had a pleasant photo morning in London on Tuesday last. I took the tube to Stratford, walked to the Olympic Park, and from there along the Grand Union Canal, through Bow and along Mile End Road to join up with the tube network again. I found countless fascinating nooks and crannies of all sorts from graffiti to ancient rail engines to legendary buildings. Here's my selection to share. I hope you like them and perhaps do some foraging around London in lesser known areas one day.

1. An architectural design feature in the Olympic has been turned into a whopping slide ride for those with lots of spare cash.

2. The Grand Union Canal is banked in many places with up market apartment blocks.

3. Bow (of Burlington Bertie fame) boasts fascinating residential streets. I was taken with this example of terrace houses.

4. The Bow Bells on Mile End Road, typical old fashioned hostelry.

Regards

Jeff

The attachments did not appear correctly - try again...

Still not right - maybe Barbara can help here? (By the way, I am not showcasing these pictures strictly speaking, rather adding them to a thread in the showcase category).

Attached Files Image(s)

Freeman - I did try to insert them into your post but they are still very small. Are you uploading smaller photo files?

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

I think I have discovered an error on exporting the files Barbara. I will try again. Thanks for your patience. Jeff

Try again...

Attached Files Image(s)

Defiantly worth the effort Jeff.

If at first you don't succeed,

Sky diving is not for you! Cheers. Ed.

To each his own!

First image is the best. I like the perspective. Diagonal shift. Nice one!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by NT73
Oct 26, 2012, 11:45
Last Post by NT73
Sep 8, 2011, 03:54