Aegithalos caudatus - at Sherwood forest Nottinghamshire UK

[Image: LTTit_zpsgsp9mqmn.jpg]

[Image: LTTit2_zps0mma9pzs.jpg]

[Image: LTTit3_zpshle0dglz.jpg]

All taken with Nikon D300 and Nikkor70-300 f4.5-5.6

Photography is a never-ending journey

Really super Peter. Ed.

To each his own!

Really lovely photos. Excellent quality.

Jane

Great series, love the backgrounds on these.

Not that far from my birthplace, Ilkeston, Derbyshire.

Nice shots Plantsman... pics with a pulse not Pulses... ? Smile There is a small bird over here similar but not the long tail... Chickadee (?) I think they call it...
Were the shots hand held? I too like the blurred out background as I try to do the same... Thanks for the share!

Kind regards

Rolf

In photography, the smallest thing can be a great subject. The little human detail can become a leitmotiv.

—Henri Cartier-Bresson

Thanks for your comments on the LTT images - There are a few places in Sherwood forest where bird lovers hang fat balls and lay seed on fallen trunks. It was the first place that I had a robin feed from my hand; a lasting memory for sure.

Peter

(Jan 29, 2015, 10:35)Rolf Wrote:  Nice shots Plantsman... pics with a pulse not Pulses... ? Smile There is a small bird over here similar but not the long tail... Chickadee (?) I think they call it...
Were the shots hand held? I too like the blurred out background as I try to do the same... Thanks for the share!

Kind regards

Rolf

Yes Rolf, all my outdoors shots are hand held, I'm not into lugging a tripod around with me. The blurred background is down to a combination of lens characteristics, distance between subject and background objects (in this case foliage), and the aperture setting. I do use a Manfrotto when shooting my table top setups.

Peter

I don't like lugging the scaffolding with me either, though I do on occasion. With my 500 it is impossible to handhold for more than a shot or two so take a monopod with me when I use that.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Nov 1, 2017, 15:51