Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Long exposure / Night shots

Hello All

I am planning on doing sunset, night time and long exposure shots tonight.

Shall be headed to San Francisco in the evening to take the Golden Gate before the sunset, and during night time with the lights on.

I am looking for any creative ideas, some recommended setting for my camera, or any tips / suggestions in general.

So I intend on doing the following -

(a) HDR shots before the sunset

(b) Regular shots just at the right moment during sunset since the sun shall set in the west, and will cast the perfect goldenish light on the bridge and I shall be shooting from the north. (Basically sun will be setting on my right, and the bridge shall be on my left)

© Long exposure shots at night time

(d) HDR shots at night time too

Cheers
Samy

Star trails spring to mind, but do not know how much light pollution you'll have, so maybe no a good idea, I use 100+ 30 second exposures,at ISO1600, F3.5, some times results are quite wonderful http://www.flickr.com/photos/jakeof/8490.../lightbox/, good luck

I recommend you also try a 50mm lens. If you wanna shoot stars, though not star trails, it's fast aperture makes it possible. here's a sample.

Attached Files Image(s)

The compression made it soft, the original looks better. It was shot at f 1.4, and about 30 seconds of exposure.

jakeof,

Welcome to the forums, by the way! Great to have you here on site with us!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post