Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Looking Cold

Shot earlier this year whilst travelling in the wilderness of Iceland, post processed in LR

(Oct 30, 2013, 04:32)alberm Wrote:  Shot earlier this year whilst travelling in the wilderness of Iceland, post processed in LR

Very stark. I don't know how I feel about the blue cast. I'd almost rather see clean black and white.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

(Oct 30, 2013, 08:20)Don Schaeffer Wrote:  
(Oct 30, 2013, 04:32)alberm Wrote:  Shot earlier this year whilst travelling in the wilderness of Iceland, post processed in LR

Very stark. I don't know how I feel about the blue cast. I'd almost rather see clean black and white.
Yes, I would like to see it in B&W

(Oct 30, 2013, 08:25)Dean Wrote:  
(Oct 30, 2013, 08:20)Don Schaeffer Wrote:  

Yes, I would like to see it in B&W
any better

Much better. IMO there is a really great image here, from a slightly different view point - down nearer the hut and looking towards the trig point. I don’t suppose you’ll be popping by that way some day soon!
I also had a quick tweak of your image using a plug in called Perfect Effects 4 free, which is free. Less than a couple of minutes work. Working with a small file so limited effect but does add a bit more punch, I think. I am sure that many will think different.    

(Oct 30, 2013, 09:36)Dean Wrote:  Much better. IMO there is a really great image here, from a slightly different view point - down nearer the hut and looking towards the trig point. I don’t suppose you’ll be popping by that way some day soon!
I also had a quick tweak of your image using a plug in called Perfect Effects 4 free, which is free. Less than a couple of minutes work. Working with a small file so limited effect but does add a bit more punch, I think. I am sure that many will think different.

Looks great, have a similar preset in LR.. Couldnt really remember where it was as we stopped in a random spot to blow the tyres back to road worthiness but considering another trip. Will post again soon..

Thx M

I'm not sure about this one.

When I saw the first post it almost made me shiver with the cold, and I think that was due to the blue tone. Although I like the B&W, it doesn't have quite that same impact in embracing the title of the thread. But then after a while it became annoying that the blue was in the sky and the hut but not on the ground, so I wondered about a B&W with a hint of blue toning throughout -

Those sharpening and tone mapping effects really improve this I think. But the black and white looks better than the blue cast in my opinion.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Yet another. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

This does the trick!

(Oct 30, 2013, 14:29)MrB Wrote:  I'm not sure about this one.

When I saw the first post it almost made me shiver with the cold, and I think that was due to the blue tone. Although I like the B&W, it doesn't have quite that same impact in embracing the title of the thread. But then after a while it became annoying that the blue was in the sky and the hut but not on the ground, so I wondered about a B&W with a hint of blue toning throughout -

I like ur thoughts and rework, all ideas so far have equal merits

Mark A

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Feb 14, 2015, 06:41