Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Macedonian Wedding

Hi Guys,

Here are a few shots from the most amazing wedding I have ever been involved with. These guys know how to get married. I have chosen to post the more cultural side of the wedding so that you can see some of what went on. Cheers.

1:
[Image: Macedonian-Wedding-Candles.jpg]

2: They got to wear these cool crowns
[Image: Macedonian-Wedding-Crowns.jpg]

3: A shot from the choir loft - beautiful church
[Image: Macedonian-Wedding-Church.jpg]

4: The Holy Communion
[Image: Macedonian-Wedding-Communion.jpg]

5: A dance called the Oro - they do about 10 of these with different people getting to lead each one. They don't all carry bread like this.
[Image: Macedonian-Wedding-Oro.jpg]

Enjoy.

Canon stuff.

The Yugoslav's like their dancing. I suppose it is an excuse for getting the drinks in.
Nice set of shots there.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Quite the party -- it must have been a blast to shoot.

(I'm more the quiet elopement type myself.)

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Very beautiful pictures Chris... Smile

The church is lovely... so many paintings... and the chandelier...Wow!
A very sumptuous event I can see... How many photographers covered the even? Are there two photographers in the picture of the church?

I had seen already a picture where people use crowns in their weeding. Some very beautiful as these ones, but I think there is also another country that has the same tradition but the crowns are made of natural flowers. I really don't remember but I have seen it too.

Thanks so much for sharing your pictures, the series shows indeed different ideas and traditions from what I am used to see in a weeding.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks guys. Irma - the two people in the shot are my two video guys. There was also my assistant there and a lady who wanted to get some experience, so I let her tag along fro the day. 5 of us all up.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by shumicse
Jul 15, 2016, 03:25
Last Post by EdMak
Nov 10, 2013, 14:35