Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Magazine printing

Just wondering whether anyone has considered self-publishing a magazine before? I spotted this post from our friends photographyblog, regarding a new magazine publishing service from HP. Basically, you upload your work in PDF format, and they handle all the printing, ordering, payment and shipping to your readers.

They charge 20c per page, and you keep however much you charge above that. So for example, if you put out a 30 page magazine, it will cost you $6.00 per copy, and if you charge $10 per copy, you pocket $4.00.

http://magcloud.com/

I haven't looked too closely in terms of minimum order numbers etc. but was thinking it would be a great way to distribute wedding photos. Imagine if your guests could order a magazine of your wedding to keep for themselves?

Thoughts?

shuttertalk Wrote:Imagine if your guests could order a magazine of your wedding to keep for themselves?

Thoughts?
I don't know about other folk, but I have photo's sent from friends and relatives of weddings, annual growing up shots and where we went for out hols this year type shots. Few of them get seen more than once, and are relegated to the back of a drawer.
I shudder to think what I would do if they were all books full, instead of singles. Rolleyes
Most are P&S or school photographer type.
The only wedding book I have is my own and that has been opened very rarely since 1966. (I looked quite handsome then. Big Grin)
I think "England winning the world cup book" has more appeal.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Robert
Oct 8, 2014, 13:06