Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Man Meets Beast

[Image: _MG_4532_JPG.jpg]

A cyclist admiring a horse pulling a caleche on the main street in St. Sauveur, Quebec, Canada

I didn't include the caleche because the shot was kind of busy

(Calèche, French word used in Canada for a light, 2-wheeled carriage drawn by a single horse, with a folding hood and seats for 2 passengers with another for the driver on the splashboard. Slow-moving calèches are commonly seen in Old Montréal and Québec City, where they are used for the conveyance of sightseers.)

Although you have it in snapshots and not critique, Methinks that you have got too much saturation, in this and your last one ( morning in the laurentians)
The concept is fine - interaction with animals, but the B/G is kind of overpowering as well. Car and bottom of a tree behind the horse, and the pram behind the cyclist, and then the sign with Venue on it. Kind of pulling you all over.
Sorry to be blunt but that is how I see it. Smile
Don't stop posting though. Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

WOW! This is my dream... I love horses and an old horse cars... I talked about them very soon Smile Enviroguy, this is a nice photograph, I loved it and also it is so nice composition with the man! But I wish to see more about this! How beautifully standing the horse there... Thank you for sharing with us,

Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

NT, Thanks so much for your comments. I certainly welcome them. You are probably correct regarding the saturation of my last 2 posts. I likely got carried away with the postprocessing. I'm often guilty of that. I must learn to restrain myself with all those sliders. Yes, the BG is really busy. I managed to take 6 grab shots from across the street, near the main town square and church. I cropped a little to eliminate some extraneous stuff. BTW, the sign with "venue" is actually part of "Bienvenue", that in French means Welcome. (St. Sauveur is in the Province of Quebec in Canada. Quebec is a unilingual province, and by law, all signs are in French only.) Again, your comments are appreciated. Regards.....Dennis

I have also got a 24" Intel Imac as Pavel suggested a while back, and (Big grin) it does really improve what you are looking at.
The sheer size of the thing and the colours (english spelling) Big Grin , so if someone overdoes it a bit on a tn screen, then this really shows it up.
My acer laptop looks quite pale and blueish by comparison. I have not found how to tweak it (the acer) yet. XP was far better than Vista for that.
Mind you I am just showing off now. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Irma
Mar 21, 2007, 14:40