Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Maritime Museum Part 2 - Architecture (56k warning)

Yes... there's more!

The Maratime Museum itself is a beautiful piece of architecture and as much an exhibit as the things around it.
These are some shots from around the wharf area of the museum and a few buildings nearby that had some interesting shapes and relationships in them.

[Image: Maratime%20Museum.jpg]
1. Maratime Museum with Plane Flying Overhead

[Image: Backlit%20Maratime%20Museum.jpg]
2. Maratime Museum From Other Side

I deliberately took this shot to try to compliment a similar shot I took of the South Freo Power Station (http://users.tpg.com.au/abrought/photos/...ation.html).

[Image: Port%20Authority%20Building.jpg]
3. Fremantle Ports Authority Building

[Image: C.Y.OConner.jpg]
4. C. Y. O'Conner

I don't know what Mr O'Conner did for Fremantle, but by the looks of it he is as perplexed about this shot as I am.
I'm not sure if this shot "works" or not, but certainly the geometric lines and shapes give it some interest I think. Perhaps there are a couple of little distractions that still need removing that would help.

[Image: Maratime%20Museum%20Stairs.jpg]
5. Stairway at Maratime Museum

This is a stairway on the side of the Maratime Museum (seen on the right in photo 1).

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

4 and 5 are particularly good. #4 puts Mr. O'Connor nicely in context and has some good thingsa happening with lines and shapes in its own right. I really like the 3 slender poles on the right.

#5 is just the kind of abstract shot that I enjoy. Love it!

I love #4 for its compositional qualities... he must have had a lot to think about. Actually it's quite funny, because I'm contemplating on a photo of him contemplating. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by kNox
Feb 17, 2015, 08:00
Last Post by nia
Aug 31, 2010, 05:59
Last Post by Irma
Jul 3, 2008, 14:01