Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Maritime Museum Part 3 - Skaters

Ok.. this is my last one!!

There were also some pretty good skaters around the wharf area when I was wandering past. They were quite happy to perform for the camera Smile

[Image: Skater-1.jpg]

[Image: Skater-2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2746_540.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2747_540.jpg]

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Nice action shots!

I just noticed your new gallery in your sig, by the way. Very cool stuff! Love the site design - did you do it yourself?

Thanks ST Smile

And thanks also for checking out my gallery.
The gallery was created using the JAlbum engine, but I created the HTML template files that give it the look it has (ie I "skinned" it).
JAlbum is an excellent little album-generator though, and there are loads of other skins you can download and use if you don't want to create your own including fully flash and java-based ones... plus its FREE.

Adrian Broughton

Your pictures are great! I also realized immediatelly about your signature. It is very fine. I like it. I like your gallery as well, it is very easy to navegate, and I like the topics you have in the menu. Congratulations! Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks Irma, that's very kind of you. Big Grin
I got sick of emailing photos to my family back in Tasmania, so figured I might as well "do it properly" and throw together a little gallery.

It's still a bit thin though and I included some fairly average shots just to beef up the numbers. Initially it was to show my family some of the photos from my new camera (all the shots are taken with my 350D since April), but now I think I should put some of my favourite shots from my old camera in there too and maybe lose some of the lesser ones from the 350D.
Anyway, hopefully it will evolve over time into something I can be proud of. Smile

Adrian Broughton

Hello kombi very nice series.. the first one would get top marks from myself..Col

Gone all digital

Your gallery is very well done. Great stuff. Not too bad on the skaters either. A little on the shaded side and could have used fill flash but if you're like me you don't always carry it with you. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks Col and Colin,

I agree with you about the shadows Colin, and thanks for the good suggestion about using a fill-in flash. I always forget to use fill-in flash in daylight until its too late.
But, I wish I had a flash I could leave at home... the only flash I own is the internal one Sad I should have used it though... it would have made a little difference I guess and certainly wouldn't have done any harm.

The background is also a bit disappointing and blah in the first two shots... but I just had to do the best with what I had... I wish I had done more with the last two shots though as that background has a lot more potential - a really low shooting position would have looked good I think.

Adrian Broughton

Those are tough shots to get Adrian. Great attempt!!! I agree, fill flash would have allowed for a much faster shutter speed and freezing of the action.

The first shot has real potential!

Jerry

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Aug 31, 2010, 05:59
Last Post by Wedding Shooter
Nov 15, 2006, 22:23