Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

'Mark of the Beast' - Moderated

To those that were part of the above thread: I've chosen to moderate (remove) the post from the forum to keep things amicable in these forums.

This is NOT an attempt to suppress the views of anyone, but an effort to preserve the camraderie this site has been building thus far.

If you wish to continue this discussion amongst each other, please feel free to use the in-built messaging tool or private email to contact one another.

God has placed me on earth to accomplish certain things.
Right now, I am so far behind that I will never die.

Thanks Axeman. Good suggestion regarding the messaging. Smile

Axeman:

I can't believe that you removed my last posts (and Cailean's) - which were neither impolite or offensive. In the removed Rufus posts, I was compared to Alistair Crowley, told that I didn't know what I was talking about, and told that I should never have come to post here at Shuttertalk. This is a moderator??

The worst that I said was to say that Rufus pretended to be a dog to allow him to insult people without apology - and then I apologized to him!! His wife then joined Shuttertalk just to flame me - no photography talk at all - and had the nerve to question why I was posting here. At least I talk about photography 98% of the time. I respect NoisyNoddle as a photographer, but this is out of line. Frankly, it taints all Christians, and the removal of the posts just screams "coverup" to me.

Put the messages back and let the readership determine who was offensive. I think it would be pretty clear. Removing the posts leaves the impression that Cailean and I were crude and impolite. Anyone who read the exchange knows how false that is.

The role of a moderator in a forum is to reduce and eliminate offensive posts - not to originate them. Rufus is way out of line and should not be a moderator at this website - or you should post a warning "hard core Christians only". If you want to restore faith in these forums - remove the rogue moderator - not the posts.

If we are not allowed to post opinions that are contrary to conservative religious dogma in the Christian forums - remove the Christian forums - or tell me clearly so that I can remove myself from this website.

Respectfully
Toad

Hey Toad...

Just wanted to clarify - it was me who did most of the removal, not Axeman.

Toad Wrote:The role of a moderator in a forum is to reduce and eliminate offensive posts - not to originate them.

I am totally in agreement to you Toad - I had removed the offensive posts, because I am firmly against forum users (moderator or not) being impolite, abrasive, or acting in inappropriate ways. There are rules which must be adhered to in these forums. Posts which breach them will be deleted without notice.

Toad Wrote:I can't believe that you removed my last posts

Regarding your posts - my apologies there -- because I had already deleted the offensive ones, your replies which referred back to the removed posts look out of place and had to be removed too.

Toad Wrote:Removing the posts leaves the impression that Cailean and I were crude and impolite. Anyone who read the exchange knows how false that is.

Just re reading the thread, I don't believe yourself and Cailean were portrayed in a crude or impolite manner at all. You asked genuine questions and made valid points.

Toad Wrote:If we are not allowed to post opinions that are contrary to conservative religious dogma in the Christian forums

You're definitely right there. My rule of thumb is that any view can be expressed, so long as it's done in a manner which is courteous and polite, and you're not forcing your agenda on others.

Once again, this has been a very testing exercise - whenever threads have to be moderated, things can get messy. Please be assured that it was not an attempt at "covering up", or "suppressing views", just an attempt at keeping the peace.

Anyhoo, the moderator in question has been warned, and will continue to be monitored closely.

Once again, my humblest apologies to everyone who was offended. I sincerely everyone can put this behind us, and continue Shuttertalking Smile

Hi Toad,

I originally intended to do was to remove the whole topic from the forum entirely, which I'm not sure why it didn't happen - not quite sure how all the buttons work here... :/

I definitely did not intend to selectively remove posts.

But anyway, I'm sorry that the end-result of the deletions make it look like a cover-up, and I'm sorry that you felt that you were the target of flame-posts.

I cannot speak for or direct the actions of other posters and moderators but I don't think Shuttertalk intended the Christian forum to be a place to convert people to Christianity, or to push religion down people's throats, and in keeping with the spirit in which he set up the forum, I'm removing the topic completely. (again)

Let's just hope it works this time! Wink

Sorry Axeman, me stepping over your toes again...

I've deleted all the offensive posts at the end, and I think the thread is still ok, so I'm putting it back into general circulation, albeit in a closed state. I think there was some good content in there, before it got "sabotaged". Smile

No worries ST - you call the shots mate... Wink

Toad, I sincerely hope we can put this behind us. I believe Rufus has apologised profusely, and I too apologise that it had to come to this. Please continue to contribute to the forums as we value your presence and input! Smile

Me again.

Toad, Cailean.....

My attitude stinks, but my scripture references stand.

I'm not pleased with myself, believe me.

Please continue here.

Cave canem

See all the trouble having strong beliefs causes? Sheesh another fight in the name of God.

I think we're all safer being members of the worlds biggest non prophet organisation.

Hi all, I've taken a course of action that I hope will appease everyone. Let's put this behind us, and continue Shuttertalking! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Zig
May 16, 2008, 18:21
Last Post by shuttertalk
Oct 3, 2004, 18:54