Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Me, Myself and I.

Would like to say a big thankyou to all the posters/members/moderators/admins in this forum for helping to make this the nicest forum it has ever been my pleasure to be a member.

I am also posting this because it is my 200th post and I could not leave the counter on 199. The few short weeks I have been a member has made my pleasure that I get from photograpy improve at least a thousand fold.

By the way the avatar I use is actually a drawing of me done by Andrew Fife (from Hey Hey It's Saturday).

Cheers.

Pete D Cool

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Get lost Peted!

hahaha......... Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

I am tomorrow, taking my wife to Wollongong (about 200km from here on the coast) for the day, she will be working and I will have a bag of cameras to play with.

Albert Einstein

Then we expect to see a wall full of pics when you return.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Have a safe trip, bring back pictures!

Cool, have fun! Big Grin

Are you going via the Great Ocean Rd?

Hey Pete,

You can get some great scenics from around the Kiama bends (just a bit south of Wollongong), and for beaches, you can't really go past the Shellharbour area. About 5 mins away from Shellharbour to the south is Bass Pt, which is a great spot for oceanscapes - you can also see a bit of a wreck poking out off the point, and there is a huuuuuuuuuuge jetty there that they load gravel onto big ships with. In Wollongong itself, the lighthouse is great - and speaking of lighthouses, there's another nice one at Kiama, near the infamous blow hole. If youve got an ND filter and tripod, a slow speed shot of the blow hole in action would look amazing...

Cheers,

Brad

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

- Albert Einstein

shuttertalk Wrote:Cool, have fun! Big Grin

Are you going via the Great Ocean Rd?

Great Ocean Road is a little to far out of the way, I think that would about an extra 2,000km on the trip, perhaps on the weekend! Wink

Albert Einstein

loopy Wrote:Hey Pete,

You can get some great scenics from around the Kiama bends (just a bit south of Wollongong), and for beaches, you can't really go past the Shellharbour area. About 5 mins away from Shellharbour to the south is Bass Pt, which is a great spot for oceanscapes - you can also see a bit of a wreck poking out off the point, and there is a huuuuuuuuuuge jetty there that they load gravel onto big ships with. In Wollongong itself, the lighthouse is great - and speaking of lighthouses, there's another nice one at Kiama, near the infamous blow hole. If youve got an ND filter and tripod, a slow speed shot of the blow hole in action would look amazing...

Cheers,

Brad

Awesome, I was hoping someone might have some tips for around Wollongong. I also was thinking of Port Kembla which is a little south but has a huge industrial area. I actually go rock climbing just south of there at Nowra, beautiful area along the Shoalhaven River.

Albert Einstein

Have fun Peted. Also I was curious. Am I the only one here who pronounces Pete's name as Peted instead of Pete D? Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Enjoy your trip, and take a lot of pictures... Smile

Take care of you

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Petographer Wrote:Have fun Peted. Also I was curious. Am I the only one here who pronounces Pete's name as Peted instead of Pete D? Big Grin

Yeah, me. I don't call EnglishBob "Bob" though... Big Grin

Hey Pete,

I was born at Port Kembla hospital, grew up in Shellharbour then moved down about half hour south of Nowra to Jervis Bay until I was about 18. The Port is a nice place, but it's not my sort of photography - it's more "city" kind of stuff, if you get what I mean? I can't think of many really great scenics.... Further north of Port you get up to the cliffs where that kite dude (Lawrence Hargraves I think) used to fly his stuff, lots of hang gliders up there. Also a lot of nice beaches.

Cheers,

Brad

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"

- Albert Einstein

Petographer Wrote:Have fun Peted. Also I was curious. Am I the only one here who pronounces Pete's name as Peted instead of Pete D? Big Grin

No you're not....I've always mentally pronounced it that way and it was only when I actually said it to R the other day that I realised it was Pete D! R said he didn't know who I meant, then he twigged and said "Oh you mean Pete D". I felt like such a dimwit......I'd assumed he was from some East European country (don't know why) Smile

--NN

shuttertalk Wrote:Yeah, me. I don't call EnglishBob "Bob" though... Big Grin

I just realized few weeks ago my big mistake addressing EnglishBob as Bob when his name is...... is..... you see I don't remember... As for me he is Bob... Sorry Bob Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Craig, you must tell us where "Bob" came from... Big Grin

Call me whatever you like just don't call me late for dinner!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

My preffered name is Pete (I think of myself as a "Pete"), but will happily answer pretty much to anything, after 20 years in the Army (I "retired" 14 years ago) I am not too fussed. Wink Wink

Albert Einstein

..........................................am tomorrow, taking my wife to Wollongong ..

WOLLONGONG? Big Grin

No such place.

Wollongong..............INDEED!!!

Cave canem

Apparently they even have a University there.

http://www.uow.edu.au/

Albert Einstein

OK...so howdid you ake afake web site so quicly Smile

....and why can't I learn to type more slowly/check my posts before sending? Rolleyes

I doon nut knoo

Cave canem

noisynoodle Wrote:OK...so howdid you ake afake web site so quicly Smile

Well I cheated, I had it done already. Big Grin

Albert Einstein