Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Memphis Zoo

A few shots from a trip to the zoo last week.

[Image: 2503543927_c918abd880.jpg?v=0]

[Image: 2503543917_059da031af.jpg?v=0]

[Image: 2503518511_b35b4c8f1d.jpg?v=0]

[Image: 2503518503_29c7548600.jpg?v=0]

[Image: 2503518487_c8bd6ede4c.jpg?v=0]

[Image: 2503518477_20a6c93401.jpg?v=0]

[Image: 2503518473_7f1cf1f740.jpg?v=0]

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

These are really nice, and don't have the typical "zoo" look. The animals on the fence posts are particularly natural-looking -- do they actually have captive chipmunks? Big Grin

I really like the symmetry in #2.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Nice... #2 is a really nice catch... Keep shooting..
God Bless

For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty. 1Peter 1:16

I like especially #2. It has the appearance of a reflection. Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Very beautiful all your pictures Aine.

Can't pick a favorite... I like them all.

I agree with Matthew comment about the zoo look. They look very natural.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

matthew Wrote:... do they actually have captive chipmunks? Big Grin
Thanks for your nice comments everyone. The zoo is one of my favorite places to photograph. The chipmunks run all over the zoo, but I've never been able to get a shot of one because they're so fast. I was so excited to see that one just sitting there. Smile

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera." ~ Dorothea Lange

Impressive stuff: I'm assuming you're "maxing out" with your kit here? I mean, pushing the lenses you have and getting the most out of them: I admire the wringing out of every drop from one's available kit... I've seen some horrendous shots on pbase recently that exemplify the injection of cash into the lens department but the total absence of any photographic sense. You seem to be able to "see" in different ways then go for the tool that does the job.
For that reason, I think the sloth(I dunno...red panda even?) just needs that bit extra in terms of focal length to make it work.
The rest, though, are great: real thought/instinct about repeating motifs, lines, textures...and the complementary colours in the first few really work.
So that's what a chipmunk looks like...I'd only ever seen cartoon ones!
A-C: these seem to be a tad over-sharpened....or is it my eyes? Did you go straight to jpeg here?
I've made all kind of (false?) assumptions here....they are darn fine shots.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Banded Drake
Nov 6, 2006, 19:23