Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Miss Victoria

Is 19 today, Not the state queen, sorry. She was my next door neighbour from birth, to about 7-8 years old. And I always get invited to her birthday party.

I dont like my crop. There was daylight above her head and I wanted to make it look a little sexy/seductive without being tacky. I think I got rid of most of the spots on her face. Teenage chocolate probably. Having just seen previous thread it may be what I want also.

I'm off for a few days so no rush.
English Lake district, and the weather forecast is showers more showers and heavy showers.Sad
[Image: Miss%20Victoria.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I don't know what I would do to this image. It's great and she is a real beauty.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Stepped closer for a tighter crop. Used a scrim to diffuse the light, and a reflector to get some more light in her eyes. Fixed the lipstick on the lower lip and added some upper lip highlight. Gave her a touch of blush (bit too much, but hey.)

[Image: vic.jpg]

Edit: just remembered, I forgot to desaturate one of the contrast layers, which is why she appears too red/orangey. But I was mostly going for softer light and more brightness in and around the eyes.

Thanks slej & Peto. I couldn't do what you suggested slej, as all the family were going in for tea, and I was not stopping. So it was a couple of quick shots in the garden( better light and background) and Vicky went back to her guests. Maybe another day.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Well i agree its a quite nice as it is.

Here is my edit:

[Image: ntedit.jpg]

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

I see you have powdered her cheeks kind of and softened it.
I want to try that on a photo of my wife, and see if she comes up the same.Big Grin

Lumix LX5.

[Image: Miss%20Victoria_pp.jpg] my take

They are all good edits, I will have to try again and take a bit more care with the shot.
She said she did not like any that I took, but her parents liked them all. Sound like me.Smile
She has got a job working with children (handicapped I believe) and is barely a child herself.

Lumix LX5.

Lovely shot, very friendly and engaging. Think I like Paul L's edit best.

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

Slej's is fine,
Jsg's looks posturized if that is the right word.
If I tilt my monitor back then Paul's is very good, otherwise it looks too light.
I have not calibrated my monitor, but everyone else'e shot's look ok, so I suppose it is near enough correct.
I think the only thing I don't really like is her dress sleeves. Maybe that's just me.
Oh and the red/orangy colour, all the family had just returned from a holiday on Lanzarote.
Maybe suntan or fake tan?

Lumix LX5.

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/images...ctoria.jpg

I will ask her next time I am visiting.

Lumix LX5.