Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Model Shoot

Hi Everyone,

About 10 photographers went out today and photographed a couple of models dressed up as brides. We also organised for one of the main camera shops in Perth to bring a whole lot of gear down for us to try out. It was a total blast. Here are few of mine from the shoot.
[Image: Chris_Brown-03.jpg]

[Image: Chris_Brown-05.jpg]

[Image: Chris_Brown-07.jpg]

[Image: Chris_Brown-15.jpg]

[Image: Chris_Brown-35.jpg]

[Image: Chris_Brown-41.jpg]

[Image: Chris_Brown-56.jpg]

[Image: Chris_Brown-58.jpg]

[Image: Chris_Brown-59.jpg]

[Image: Chris_Brown-66.jpg]

Enjoy and feel free to critique.

Canon stuff.

They are all beautiful pictures... Smile

Great work Chris.

I like a lot the composition in #2 for the "Thanks for coming to our wedding" card. Wink

The light in #5 and #6 is lovely.

Actually, the lighting in all of them is great!

Did you use flash in any of these pictures?

Do you mind telling us what lenses did you use?

I will be shooting outdoors in few weeks, and I am terrified about lighting.

From your experience, Chris... what would you recomment? Waiting for nice natural light, or shooting with flash to have more control over the lighting?

Sorry to ask so much here, but I really appreciate any advice you could share... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

nice work chris!!

which camera shop organised this? would love to try sometime... pra or plaza?

Superly great!

What kind of gear did you get to try?

I would love to learn to take photos like that!

championboxer Wrote:nice work chris!!

which camera shop organised this? would love to try sometime... pra or plaza?
or TD? Big GrinBig Grin

Chris - did you get to try a 200 f/2? Big Grin

I echo what Irma said...Beautiful. If we could go back to 1966 you could do mine. Mind you I would want a discount. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Impressive images, excellent work. Am getting married myself in march next year and being on a pretty tight budget we are going to have to try to do most of the photography ourselves, I am sure we would both be very pleased if ours turn out half as good as these !

Cheers
David

Thanks Everyone,

Irma - 7, 8, 9 and 10 all used flash (all of it off camera). The rest were using natural light of course.

The first three were shot using the 135L I think - the rest with the 70-200 2.8 IS L. In terms of shooting outdoors - I always come prepared with flash equipment, but try to use natural light where possible. If using flash try and get it off camera as much as possible - also place it high (and pointing down on an angle) as we are used to light coming from the sun and so it looks more natural that way.

Adam and Champion - actually my mate Cyrus organised it. He originally got PRA on board, but in the end Camera Electronic came through and helped out on the day. I tried out the 85 1.2 L, but honestly preferred my 85 1.8 still. I found the slow focus - especially in low light where I will use it most to be frustrating. They were not able to bring a 200 2.0 L along in the end.

I think most of the guys ended up borrowing my gear on the day - so I just stuck to my 35L, 135L and my 70-200 2.8 IS L.

By the way I am planning to do some teaching in Perth if any of you guys local to me are interested?

Cheers,

Chris

Canon stuff.

ah ha! I agree about the 85's; the L is slower AF and heavier and have to be careful about the glass at the back when mounting.... but I still love it Big Grin

Practically, the 85 f/1.8 with the faster AF can catch the shot in time Big Grin

I like your photos, I'm interested to learn from you; (as long as it's not too costly hehe)

Thanks a lot for your advice, Chris.
The light in those pictures is really nice, it looks very natural.

I got as a birthday present last year my cable and umbrella support. So now I can have my flash off camera. My cable is 5mts long... It has been fun... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Enjoy Irma - I set mine up wirelessly with pocket wizards as I would find a 5 metre cord too short most of the time.

Cheers.

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by PhotoPlay
Nov 15, 2013, 22:35
Last Post by nia
Jun 29, 2011, 23:46