Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Monster Bee

Another one from the garden this morning... Big Grin

[Image: 322_DSC_0008_WithBee_framed.jpg]

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

If I see a bee that big, I wouldn't be hanging around to take a photo! :o Beautiful picture, bright sharp and clear. Opinion from a newbie tho Tongue

This is an angle you don't often see....and with such a large DOF. I'm impressed.

This is so unusual that I would swear it was done in PhotoShop - but I can't see any evidence of it.

Well captured!!

Thanks!

Toad, you're right of course, it's PS that gives that enormous DOF! Big Grin

Now I'm not sure what is true...

Either way - if it is a straight capture - well done!!!

If it is a PhotoShop composite - well done again!!

Just set your aperture to f/PS and the camera takes care of everything else, right?

nice job G, especially on the wings Smile

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Toad Wrote:Now I'm not sure what is true...

It's this bee or fly that I doctored into the garden picture, which I thought was a bit bland. Smile

I cut it out of the original picture, worked a bit with the eraser along the edges, mirrored it horizontally to match the direction of the light source and moved the wings to another layer with reduced opacity. I think the transparent wings make it look almost real.

It's a virtuso PhotoShop performance! Only the "extreme" DOF tipped me off.

Looking at it with a hyper-critical eye now - I can detect a focal length difference between the telephoto used to shoot the bee and the wider angle used for the trees - but I would NEVER have picked up on that if I hadn't been looking for it with the knowledge that it was PhotoShopped.

Beautiful composite - the translucence of the wings (seeing the treees through them) is pure gold.

...and as a long time photo-faker myself - you can take that as a compliment!!

I saw the photo this-morning but didn't know how to respond. It didn't look right as I've never seen a dof that big before. I was going to say it looked photoshopped but didn't want to come off the wrong way if it had indeed been a genuine photo. You're a trickster G. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Honey, I shrunk myself! It's a giant bee !Big Grin Oh wait... it could be a Hoverfly! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post