Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

More Karlsruhe

Last night I saw the first snow of this winter. Hard to see on the picture, though...

[Image: KarlsruheFromTheWindow.sized.jpg]

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

I just couldn't resist the potential this shot has to offer... hope you don't mind...

[Image: KarlsruheFromTheWindow.altered.jpg]

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Great moody color, Guerito - nice job.

I agree with Rob. I loved the mood of both for very different reasons and can't say which i like more. However, if I had to, I would say I like the second one as more detail is available in the foreground. Adds to the picture. The first ones darkens too quickly.

Jerry.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

Very nice, I like it guerito.

Where did you take it from? Hotel window?

Haunting. I like the color one better.
--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

This is one of those cases where the colour was distracting for me, hence my monochromatic treatment... I really shouldn't mess with other people's photos but it cried out to me!

Looking at it again, it's really only those couple orange spots that bother me... maybe a colour replace for just those spots would make my eye happier...

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Hey, thanks for all the comments! I'm really enjoying the colour war... Smile

Cailean: No worries, man! I think you did a nice job on the picture, although I still like the original better. It seems to me that the orange spots are fitting with the general tone of the picture, I would actually have liked the white lights to be more orange.

EnglishBob: Yes it was from my hotel room, after a heavy dinner in a posh restaurant and many glasses of Spanish wine. Tongue

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

I absolutely love the colour on the original, guerito... it's awesome how the edges are naturally dark, and you have this subtle burst of colour in the middle.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by jericho
Nov 10, 2004, 19:48