Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

More Water-At-Night Photos

These got 'lost' in all the excitement of September, although a few of you have seen different versions that got edited the same day they were shot versus these new ones that benefitted from a longer, more critical look.

I had taken my photography club on the first night shoot for most of them, passing out tips and tricks to get them started.
Since Hemisfair Plaza is a 'target-rich' environment day or night I thought it would be a good place to let the night virgins get some experience.
Since then, a few of the members have started shooting at night rather often so I guess it worked out well for all concerned.

This is a typical scene found at Hemisfair:
[Image: kak.hemisfair1.jpg]

The big pool, with water raining down from the horizontal parts (much of the lighting doesn't work after being off during the two-year drought):
[Image: kak.hemisfair2.jpg]

Some waterfall shimmer:
[Image: kak.hemisfair3.jpg]

A different version of this was posted in Assignment #58: Long Exposure.
I went back and used a better-composed shot to add the plants without losing the sharp rocks/blurry water effect:
[Image: kak.hemisfair4.jpg]

At this point I'm bored with night-water and insect macros using flash, so I'm looking for something new to grab my interest.

Number three is a ripper Keith.

Canon stuff.

Fantastic shots! Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

They're all very well executed. Time is a great seasoning.

KeithAlanK Wrote:At this point I'm bored with night-water and insect macros using flash, so I'm looking for something new to grab my interest.
I can't help you there -- I'm mostly shooting water in the daylight. Big Grin

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Keith, how about trying long exposures during daylight? (just an idea)

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

I already do that.
Two ND4 filters, and sometimes I have to add a CP.

[Image: kaktex.playground1.jpg]

[Image: msj.longexp.jpg]

[Image: portisabel4.jpg]

cool. well, you've probably done things that i haven't even heard of, so I'm out of suggestions.

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

I like your night photography Keith. #3 is my favourite. The plaza looks like an interesting place.
Have you tried painting with light?

Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post