Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

More shots from the garden

At last, summer has arrived. Today was the first day with really nice temperatures. We celebrated by taking pictures like madmen and then relaxed having a barbecue. Here are some macros:

[Image: 342_DSC_0012_framed.jpg]

[Image: 342_DSC_0042_framed.jpg]

[Image: 342_DSC_0073_framed.jpg]

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

As per usual G, your pictures have such rich colour, sharpness and intresting subjects. I really like #2 Big Grin

I agree - great insect photo with #2, G!

Looks like you're getting some good use out of your macro lens... what sort of setup do you use?

Thanks guys. I'm using a Tokina 90mm Macro lens, an extension tube and the camera flash. Most of my macro shots are handheld.

Its a miracle that you get no motion blurring.
--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Don Schaeffer Wrote:Its a miracle that you get no motion blurring.
--Don

I do them in bright sunshine and with the camera flash in full force, at 1/125 and f/22 or f/16mostly. They still turn out a little dark and have to be brightened up with PS. Of course I have some with a bit of blur, and quite a lot where the focus isn't right, especially when it's windy. But so far, this has been my most successful setup for flower macros.

Macro lens with extension tubes??? How long was the tube with these shots, my tubes let me focus down very close and fill the sensor.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Dec 13, 2017, 15:50
Last Post by GrahamS
Nov 1, 2017, 03:56
Last Post by EnglishBob
Aug 27, 2017, 10:08