Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

More tries with the flood filter

I worked with some pictures yesterday, and I really like this filter. I think one easily could get stuck working just with this kind of pictures... but while I learn how to use it, I will show you some of my work I've got.

Hope you like it!! Smile

[Image: IMG_9662-Edit-2.jpg]

[Image: IMG_5178-Edit-3.jpg]

The more I see this one the more I like it. The only thing here is that it turned up a bit dark, but still I like it... Smile
[Image: IMG_1924-Edit-2.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

My. One of the pleasures of this forum is seeing photographers "come through" as they learn to be increasingly successful with communicating how they see the world. Irma, your work has increasingly taken on a real sense of refinement and beauty. Number 2 is stunning.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

All fantastic Irma - congratulations. I also like the third image.

Canon stuff.

Thanks so much for your comments Zig, Chris...
You all always support me and encourage me to make beautiful pictures... Smile

Paul Cezanne

these are all very well done Irma, but I am with you more I see #3 the more I like it............print it!!!

Thanks Russ... Smile
I want to give it another try... not to change anything but to give a bit of light in the leaves, at least in the darker one.
Leaves and this filter is a good combination... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Irma - I have tried to use this filter without much success.
Your third image is the perfect subtle use of this filter. It is well composed and soft but very real.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

I agree. You are getting to be a super photographer, Irma.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Great job ! these are just too cool , #2 is my fav but #3 is close to it . Love them

....... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

best ever series Irma Wink

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

After looking again and again I find the image in the water (with the flood filter) is further back than it would appear in real life. Not a lot, but this is only because I am looking for faults. I still think they are stunning.
And I wont disagree with Paul, as we are all different in what we strive for. Smile

My Siberian tiger was hanging it's tongue out like that, but I could not catch it with the camera. I think my wife got one of it. I shall have to have a practise with the burst mode soon.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thank you all for your comments... Smile
You make me very happy... Smile

NT...
The thing is that the tiger was actually drinking water, the original image has a reflection of the tong even... here is a picture of this image but without the tong out http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewto...8786#48786 the only thing I did was to replace the reflection the original picture had I leveled the horizon of the pond to fit and the effect of the filter, and match the tong.

Paul Cezanne

Nice job Irma, I like all of them. May I ask where you downloaded this filter from? I had one flood filter before, but the effects were different.

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Thanks Janika for your comment.... Smile

I downoaded the filter from here.

Paul Cezanne

I though that I had already responded to this thread, but I see that I have not - sometimes I leave the page without clicking "submit" I think.

Anyway - well done - particularly the last one. The flood filter really picks up the bokeh of the background beautifully.

Thanks Toad... Smile

Paul Cezanne

Wonderful shots Irma, and even more wonderful post processing. Plenty of pop! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Apr 22, 2009, 07:02