Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Morning in the Laurentians

[Image: _MG_5094_JPG.jpg]

Lac Morency near St Hippolyte in Quebec, Canada

This is a beautiful area, full of charming towns and villages, and great skiing in the Winter.

WOW! Green and blue they are great. And I can imagine during winter too. This is so beautiful, and what a nice water jet, (is it something like that? or could it be naturel spring water ? I ask because in my country at the sea there is something like that, reminded me this. Anyway, you took a wonderful photograph, I loved it. I think it is early to talk about winter, is it? Thank you, love, nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Thanks, Nia!
There is a small beach at the resort to the left. Some vacationers had taken out paddlle boats and kayaks. The water jet is purely decorative.. The lake and resort (Auberge du Lac Morency) are near the town of St. Sauveur in the Province of Quebec in Canada. The region is famous for skiing throughout North America, especially at Mt. Tremblant, about an hour from where I was staying. These towns are located in the Laurentian mountains, an area of Canada that is beautiful any season of the year.

enviroguy Wrote:Thanks, Nia!
There is a small beach at the resort to the left. Some vacationers had taken out paddlle boats and kayaks. The water jet is purely decorative.. The lake and resort (Auberge du Lac Morency) are near the town of St. Sauveur in the Province of Quebec in Canada. The region is famous for skiing throughout North America, especially at Mt. Tremblant, about an hour from where I was staying. These towns are located in the Laurentian mountains, an area of Canada that is beautiful any season of the year.
WOW! Thanks for all these explanations, I'll go on to search on google too, I love Canada, has so much green and great mountains. When I look this picture again, the green and blue they seem so great. And you captured the colours so nicely, I can't believe the water surface is green and also blue... But of course to imagine during winter was easy for me, but in this season... So thanks again, and let me ask something that I wonder always, can you see the Northern lights (Aurora Borealis) in Canada, I've two dreams to see Aurora Borealis and Himalaya!!! But none of them would be possible for me in this life.

Have a nice day and nice shots,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MrB
Apr 19, 2017, 03:13
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Mar 4, 2017, 19:10
Last Post by EnglishBob