Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Mountaintop fort

There's nothing extra special about this picture, but something about it really appeals to me. I touched it up a bit in Lightroom, but not a lot. Can I improve it?

Attached Files Image(s)

I like it as it is, but have you tried cropping it into a panorama format, just a wide narrow picture... might not work ut worth trying!

Before I scrolled down to Craig's reply, envisaged it as a Panoramic shot, not really much more you can do to it. Really needs to be seen as a Large print, A3 plus. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

To each his own!

Agreed, it looks great like this! I thought the negative space gave something special to the photo, but it's actually better like this.

It is still my opinion that the Auto White Balance setting on your camera is not serving you well for shooting outside, as this is another photo with a blue cast. So, to improve it, I would try experimenting with other settings (e.g. Daylight White Balance), in the camera and/or in PP software.

Ed's edit has changed the colours a bit, but if it were mine, I would go further until the colours looked more natural to me, particularly for the trees. I also think you were right about having the negative space, but perhaps you had too much in the image of Post #1.

E.g.

But, of course, the colour balance of your photos might be exactly what you want.

Cheers.
Philip

You're right, seeing your take on the picture does make me feel like I've got the white balance wrong. What I love though is what you did with the fort's walls!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WesMal
Apr 8, 2016, 06:59