Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My Camera

Hi Guys

I would like to know what everyone thinks of my camera Lumix FZ48 it takes realy good pictures, this is my first camera and I am still learning about it.

Should be a fine camera - Panasonic are a good manufacturer and Leica lens are as good as you will get on a bridge camera.

A word of warning - do NOT use the 'intelligent zoom' - it does not actually zoom the lens and you will get poor quality. Basically, it crops your picture to a smaller size and then blows it up. If you need that, it is better to do it yourself on the computer when you get home.

The optical zoom will be fine.

(Dec 13, 2013, 04:21)John M Wrote:  Should be a fine camera - Panasonic are a good manufacturer and Leica lens are as good as you will get on a bridge camera.

A word of warning - do NOT use the 'intelligent zoom' - it does not actually zoom the lens and you will get poor quality. Basically, it crops your picture to a smaller size and then blows it up. If you need that, it is better to do it yourself on the computer when you get home.

The optical zoom will be fine.

Thanks John
I don`t think i have used the intelligent zoom, ha ha

Pro friend swears by Panasonic, results back this up. Don't dismiss the Intelligent Zoom until you try it personally, seems very acceptable here. Don't know if John has tried one. Ed.
http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/compact-digita...-50005820/

If you want to use the 'intelligent zoom' function, you can do it better on your computer with more control over the image which is why I suggested not letting the camera do it for you.

(Dec 12, 2013, 17:43)smokeyrfc Wrote:  Hi Guys

I would like to know what everyone thinks of my camera Lumix FZ48 it takes realy good pictures, this is my first camera and I am still learning about it.

Hey, I just read the review on google about the Panasonic FZ48 and I must say it sounds like a very impressive camera for a beginner and a very reasonable price as well. No doubt you are on a tight budget and I respect that. You obviously made a good choice in cameras. I myself am a Canon guy and back in June I finally moved up to a full frame 6D which is an utterly fantastic camera but it may be out of your price range. Keep shooting and maybe someday you may move up in the photographic world. Ron

(Dec 14, 2013, 22:00)Ron K Wrote:  

Hey, I just read the review on google about the Panasonic FZ48 and I must say it sounds like a very impressive camera for a beginner and a very reasonable price as well. No doubt you are on a tight budget and I respect that. You obviously made a good choice in cameras. I myself am a Canon guy and back in June I finally moved up to a full frame 6D which is an utterly fantastic camera but it may be out of your price range. Keep shooting and maybe someday you may move up in the photographic world. Ron

Thanks Ron

You should find your FZ40 camera ideal for your first camera, all Panasonic cameras are very good. I had a TZ10 and a TZ20, the TZ10 my wife uses and the TZ20 I gave to my daughter. As other people have said previously avoid using digital zoom and keep the ISO as low as possible, use auto ISO if you are not sure.

I agree with John that the Lumix TZ and FZ cameras are very good and, having all the shooting modes including manual, they are great for starting photography. Before I got my first DSLR, I had the FZ38 - it was used for this photo (straight from the camera apart from re-sizing) of a Bugatti, in the car park at Ashridge, Herts:

Philip

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post