Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My China

...does not consist so much of beautiful landscapes but I find plenty of interesting people. Here are just two from today. The lighting isn't exactly studio quality, but makes these portraits interesting in their own way:

[Image: _MG_1478.jpg]

[Image: _MG_1579.jpg]

Your China is very interesting indeed, and this pictures are giving you a great practice in photo journalism I think. As you well say, sometimes the light and the environment are not ideal for a picture, but this is one of the interesting parts in this kind of photography.

I think both pictures are very interesting, I like very much your composition in the first one. I really would like to see them bigger.

I would work a bit more contrast in #1 and I'd desaturate the green lighter in the second one. I think the kind of photography you are taking now is great material to work in B&W.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Both Great Human Interest pieces, I like them.

Great photos, I'd also like to see them in a larger size Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Amazingly great shots. #1 is an absolute classic.

ditto what the others have said . Good work ..

........ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Thanks for comments all.
Irma, I tend to have problems with the green, I haven't figured out what that is yet. it seems to have to do with the white balance, but has only happened to me since I started shooting raw and processing. previously with JPEGs straight from the cam it didn't happen.
As for the contrast it was just about midday and I wasn't expecting to take well-lit pictures. I think even Raw's have their limits of stretching, and I liked the guy as he was sitting there with his much too big head that kept sliding into his face.

Great shots, very natural.

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

....I wanted to show you bigger, but somehow wasn't allowed to upload them into my gallery. maybe gallery is full?

EDIT:
Jules kindly fixed the problem, so here are some larger and alternative versions for anyone who is still looking at this post:

portrait1

portrait2

portrait3

portrait4

Enjoy!

Uli