Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My Snowstorm Pics, as promised!

Still sick as a dog (whole family) but I ran outside for a minute this morning to take a few quick shots before it all melts. This storm started late Sunday evening and went right through the night, and for most of Monday, before tapering off to flurries. In all, we received over a foot of the white stuff!

My apologies that these aren't up to the usual standards, (no wallhangers here!) just a few fast snapshots to give you an idea of what things can look like here in mid-May. (YIKES!)

Our next door neighbor says he has only ever seen a storm like this once before, this late in the spring. I hope we never see it again! Mind you... it does look kind of pretty though, doesn't it??

I wish I had gotten out with the camera Monday, before most of it had melted. I figure with tomorrows temperature expected to hit 20C (68F) it will all be but a memory by tomorrow night. It's to be warm and sunny for several days, so hopefully we can get over this flu bug and get outside barbequing by the weekend!

Thank-you to all of you kind souls who have been wishing us a speedy recovery; much appreciated!
Glen
http://www.focusonnewfoundland.com

[Image: DSC03668.jpg]

[Image: DSC03683.jpg]

[Image: DSC03680.jpg]

[Image: DSC03689.jpg]

Are you sure you didn't take these photos in January. I'm glad I live in the "banana belt" of Canada. If I want to experience big snow in a pristine state, I usually have to drive a bit and it's worth it. Great images, just to remind me what I'm not missing today. Enjoy the 20 degrees.

Regards.....Dennis

" This storm started late Sunday evening and went right..." Wow! It was on May what you are talking about, I can't believe it. But it is not normal, isn't it? I ask because maybe climate in there is like that...

Anyway, I loved these photos but much more this tree, under snow! So beautiful. Nicely caught all photos. Thank you Glen,

with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jan 29, 2015, 16:29