Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My left hand

Shot this Tuesday morning, after a snow storm, Enjoy!

[Image: Dec-04-2007-052.jpg]

John

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Oh, that's awesome!

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

This is so sweet... He is posing for you, John!! ... Smile

Beautiful picture, excellent colors, light, focus... Hey... but how did you do it?... He must be very close to you, what lens did you use for this gorgeous picture?

Thanks so much for sharing.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Knockout! I bet you were disguised as a piece of bread. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

S/he thought I had food on me, but when s/he saw I don't, took off...
Irma, I used my Sigma 17-70 DC lens here and the camera was set to f/8, as I was shooting landscapes, so it's not the sharpest image.

Thanx for commenting, eh! Big Grin

John

Chickadees can be quite tame. If you were to go out with seed in your palm it would probably feed out of your hand. I feed birds in my yard and can get pretty close even without food in my hand. Here's one I shot a couple of days ago.
[Image: 2007-12_04_snow-4crpd-smlCR.jpg]

Nice shot James, What do you use? I'd be careful with the noise and maybe a smaller logo...

Nice close shot! Smile
Maybe I'm not fussy, but the noise doesn't seem bad to me.

It was shot with a Canon XTi using the 28-135mm IS lens. I had to dodge the eye area as it nearly disappeared into the black cap.

It has been sharpened using a high pass filter which may have accentuated the noise in the out of focus area. The noise doesn't bother me. It is reminiscent of film grain but if I were printing it I could mask the high pass layer over the background to eliminate that effect. I'd have to see how it looked as a print.

The copyright notice is deliberately prominent on photos I post to the web now. There are too many people who think that anything posted on the web is fair game. It does not appear on my prints. I like sharing my photos but when they start appearing places I didn't send them to, that bothers me.

Feed those chickadees and they will be very cooperative subjects.

Wow Janika, nice that s/he was not threatened by you...sweet little bird.

Jim, I like your close up, too. They seem to be very friendly.

Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Dec 27, 2011, 09:50