Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My most beautiful bride this year.

A lovely country girl came to Perth to get married and I had the honour of covering her wedding. Minimal pp at this stage.

Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for looking.

[Image: Bride%20on%20bed.jpg]
[Image: attachment-1.php.jpg]

Canon stuff.

beautiful bride and beautiful car. I'm new to this, so please forgive my ignorance, but I assume you used studio lighting on the first shot. Might you be able to tell us a bit of what you did?

She is indeed very beautiful, Chris.
But also your skills to photograph her beauty shine here... Smile

Just love the bokeh of the necklace... Very delicate and tasteful detail in your picture...
Color and light just perfect...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Very lovely bride, and beautifully captured.

I love the close portrait, just as it is, it looks perfect to me.

I think in the second one I would kind of like to see a little bit more of the bride, less of the car. The front and headlight or something like that would be enough for me to appreciate the car.
Maybe you could also have some more detail in the dress?

Thanks for sharing you beautiful work!

Uli

Great shots, Chris - very flattering to the bride. Nice work! Big Grin

DJ1234 Wrote:beautiful bride and beautiful car. I'm new to this, so please forgive my ignorance, but I assume you used studio lighting on the first shot. Might you be able to tell us a bit of what you did?
Thanks DJ,

The first shot was done entirely with bounced on camera flash and a flip it with diffuser that does a wonderful job of softening light. The background was lit by window light.

Shot with my 50mm 1.4 prime at f2. I have quite a few from the bed so to speak.

Canon stuff.

wulinka Wrote:I think in the second one I would kind of like to see a little bit more of the bride, less of the car. The front and headlight or something like that would be enough for me to appreciate the car.
Maybe you could also have some more detail in the dress?
Uli
Thanks Uli - the car belongs to her Dad and was a bit of a feature for them, detail of the dress is in the full res picture and I have some room in the RAW file to drag the exposure down a bit as this is actually pushed by 1/2 a stop in the RAW converter.

Irma, Toad, ST, thank you - she was so sweet all day. One of those people who are just an absolute pleasure to photograph.

Canon stuff.

Wedding Shooter Wrote:The first shot was done entirely with bounced on camera flash and a flip it with diffuser that does a wonderful job of softening light. The background was lit by window light. Shot with my 50mm 1.4 prime at f2.
They're both very nice photos, but I wish the first had more depth of field. She's lovely and the backgrounds' simple, so I'd like the be able to see her better.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Matt - Your wish is my command Smile

Only slightly smaller aperture (2.2), but shot from further away and with less angle - this was actually a set up shot for lighting and exposure (so it is a bit more RAW than the other and it has some background clutter in the top left from the window). But I decided to keep it in.

I would be interested to hear which one you all like best of the two of them.
[Image: Bride-on-Bed-2.jpg]

Canon stuff.

Wedding Shooter Wrote:I would be interested to hear which one you all like best of the two of them.
Both are great but my favorite is still the first one... Smile I like it a lot from the very fist time I saw. But I don't want to be unfair with the other picture that also has many things to admire. It is also beautiful.

Paul Cezanne

Thanks, WS. I like #2 better -- it shows more of the subject, and is a nice shot with the subject at ease. I can see that #1 is also a very nice shot, and will look great in an album, but it's something of a "photographer's photograph."

I try to remember that most people think "it's a good photo" if it's almost in focus, reasonably well exposed, and of a subject they like. And the first two qualities are really optional.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

matthew Wrote:I try to remember that most people think "it's a good photo" if it's almost in focus, reasonably well exposed, and of a subject they like. And the first two qualities are really optional.
Big Grin I have to agree.

Canon stuff.

matthew Wrote:Thanks, WS. I like #2 better -- it shows more of the subject, and is a nice shot with the subject at ease. I can see that #1 is also a very nice shot, and will look great in an album, but it's something of a "photographer's photograph."
I didn't think about picture (#1) this way... and that is so true...

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post