Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Neidpath Castle

Took this on a dreary Feb. day, was for a wedding invitation, and the wedd was in Feb. Virtually, as seen, only sharpened, and, cloned out two large Calor Gas cylinders, in front of building . Certain gas was not available in 14th Century. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

My turn, Ed. This is a one click tone mapping with a free bit of software called HDRist. Just import the image and move a slider along to amount of effect you want.

What do folk think about “unsupported foliage” in images, the bits of tree at the top of the image. Does it work for you?

Thanks Dean, I could almost live with that. Like to see a better quality image used on it.
Re foliage, I don't like it , really don't like the pic, did show person it was for, about 8/10 different images, all, to me, better, but this is what he chose, being, as seen.
May go and have another next summer, it's about 50 mile round trip, and access is a bit hairy, one path, about 30 yds, slippery, and slopes down to the river. Advancing years also comes into this!! Regards. Ed.

(Sep 18, 2013, 01:26)EdMak Wrote:  Took this on a dreary Feb. day, was for a wedding invitation, and the wedd was in Feb. Virtually, as seen, only sharpened, and, cloned out two large Calor Gas cylinders, in front of building . Certain gas was not available in 14th Century. Ed.

This is a beautiful place but I don't think you made it pop. I adjusted contrast and saturation. My suggestion:

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks Don, interesting pic, (Although you tilted the castle)?.

Here is the one I suggested was used for the invite card

Anybody else, please have a go. Ed.

Attached Files Image(s)

I like it. You are right I did tilt it. I mistook the perspective for horizon tilt.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Interesting Don, strange, to me, that the original one was chosen by the person who asked me to take it.
Perhaps I should say, Possibly, as I did not see an invitation card, he did get all taken though.
It is a dismal looking place even in summer. The average visitor sees it from the other side, we are looking at the rear.
I have photographed a few weddings there, 60/70's. Regards. Ed.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MrB
Dec 16, 2015, 12:38