Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New Bass!

I have been borrowing 2 basses to play in my new band, but I finally got one of my own.
After I finish paying for it, that is:
[Image: kak.rogue1.jpg]

Basswood body with a nicely figured maple top, Canadian maple neck, rosewood fingerboard, active electronics w/3band EQ. Hard case that's worth almost what I'm paying for the whole package.

I like all those specs, but more important to me is the string count:
[Image: kak.rogue2.jpg]

I have always wanted an 8-string bass, and still find it hard to believe that I'm finally going to own one.
The sound is amazing.
Cool

This bass has eight strings?
How confusing!

How long do you think it will take to get used to playing such a formidable instrument?

C.

Not as long as getting used to the sound of it I would imagine.
I remember wayback when Rotosound strings first came out. And then when I had an EB0. Whooo everything vibrated. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

An Ebo? Is that the hand-held device which you run over the strings?

Cremetti,
The EB0 was a Gibson bass, shaped like an SG with a single humbucking pickup.
Electric Bass 0 (zero), followed by the EB1, EB3, etc.
Most of the first BOSTON album was recorded with one.

eBow is the electromagnetic string driver--I love mine.

I had no trouble playing the 8 in the store because I play with a pick most of the time.
You have to use all downstrokes or you'll completely miss the high octave strings, but that's not a problem when you've been playing metal guitar for over 30 years.

NT73--I remember my first set of RotoSounds very well.
Going from ancient flatwounds to Rotos made my '62 Precision sing!!!

Thanks Keith. Saved me the explanation. These new kids on the block eh? Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Good Luck with your new bass, Keith, the sound should be amazing Smile And how exciting to play with this new one... I can imagine this because of my son...

Blessing and Happiness,
with my love,
nia

“There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.”

Ansel Adams

Keith.
I'm trying to find some sounds from your band. Where are they, please?

Awesome! Thanks for sharing Keith - never seen an 8 string bass before. Is the tuning just like a 4 string, only doubling up on the notes? Are they an octave apart?

Yes--they're regular guitar strings tuned an octave above the bass string they're paired with.
Much like a 12 string guitar's sound compared to a 6, the 8's sound is rich and chiming.

Cheap Trick, King's X, and Pearl Jam (Jeremy) use 8 and 12 string basses if you want to hear one.
(The 12 is insane!)

Some guy has put .wma files of the same model of bass here.

Got it home 2 weeks ago.
A few recording sessions have drawn raves from the rest of the band--the sound is amazing.

[Image: kak.rogue3.jpg]

[Image: kak.rogue4.jpg]

Don't know nothin' about music - but it sure is purdy...

Should be amazing Keith Alan, seems so nice... But is there any web link or youtube that I can listen to your music? How I wish to listen to your music.

Have a nice and enjoyable times,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Toad--I prefer pretty instruments, and this one adds extreme value and sonic awesomeness.
Even if it sounded like ass I might have bought it for the beautiful striped maple.

Nia:
We just recently uploaded a song to Reverb Nation.
Here's a link: http://www.reverbnation.com/loudniin

That song (Flowa Power) was recorded using our 4-string Ibanez bass two days before I brought the 8-string home.
It will take a few weeks before anything from the 8 can be made ready to share, but I'll be playing her on as many songs as I can at next Wednesday night's show.

I really appreciate everyone's interest and support.
Thank you.

Just played the new bass for 5 hours straight at rehearsal.
My left hand got cramps towards the end, but that's OK.

At our live shows I'll only need to play it for less than 90 minutes spread over four hours, so tonight was just a torture-test to see how much I can withstand.
And now I know which songs to avoid!!

After playing this Rogue 8, the Ibanez 4-string feels like I'm squeezing melted butter. Cool

KeithAlanK Wrote:Even if it sounded like ass I might have bought it for the beautiful striped maple.
Sounds like me 40 + years back. Rolleyes
I had the first pale blue fender precision in the UK and not enough money to pay for it. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.

KeithAlanK Wrote:Nia:
We just recently uploaded a song to Reverb Nation.
Here's a link: http://www.reverbnation.com/loudniin

That song (Flowa Power) was recorded using our 4-string Ibanez bass two days before I brought the 8-string home.
It will take a few weeks before anything from the 8 can be made ready to share, but I'll be playing her on as many songs as I can at next Wednesday night's show.

I really appreciate everyone's interest and support.
Thank you.
WOW! I have just visited and listened to the song that you all play Smile
It was so beautiful, you are all really making a good music, I loved this song so much and especially how can I explain I don't know but the up and down in the song was so beautiful before ending, Good Luck Keith, by the way who is singing, are you? I loved his voice too,

Thank you so much, I am your audience and fan now Smile But always let me hear your news, I can miss.

Have a nice weekend,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Thank you, Nia. You're very kind.

I don't sing, but the other three do.

[Image: kaktex.loudnine.jpg]

Mike is our lead singer. He's the one without an instrument in the photo.

KeithAlanK Wrote:Thank you, Nia. You're very kind.

I don't sing, but the other three do.

http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/images...udnine.jpg

Mike is our lead singer. He's the one without an instrument in the photo.
Keith Alan, you are welcome. And thanks too Smile You all seem so nice, music is great in my life, my inspirtation for my writing world is music. I don't have any talent for music but it is in my heart. And also in my home, there are two musicians Smile my son and my husband.

I would like to hear your music always, I loved this "Loud Nine" Smile Good luck once again,
Have a nice Sunday,
with my love,
nia

Ansel Adams

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Zig
Dec 8, 2008, 12:34