Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

No parking

Took this in Swanage U.K. with a Canon 450d. 10-22mm lens. Is this to complicated, the more I look at it the more baffled I get. Comments please.

[Image: b14d21fc-95e9-4449-b99a-255ea8011733_zps3a3b38d0.jpg]

I noticed you hadn't received any feedback so thought I would give you my two penneth. I frequently find myself staring at my photos wondering if they have any merit!

I've looked at your photo a few times now and do find the shiny red car very distracting. I can see why the scene appealed to you (no parking sign, reflection of dog and juxtaposition of car window and painted window), but I think the foreground is just too discordant with the muted colours of the background and with the feeling of decay (though others may find that contrast in itself appealing).

I do like the background very much and it probably did need something extra to give depth to the composition. Presumably the scene was as it was, but a rather older car might have been perfect or maybe a bicycle or perhaps simply a passer by. In fact you could start to imagine all sorts of different scenarios with a background like that.

Rob

The scene behind the red car has the look of one of those amazing 3D wall paintings by John Pugh and others. The web address below the window leads to another mural artist. On second thoughts I suppose even the car could also be part of the painting?

Cheers.
Philip

That was my thoughts. Mural of some sort.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

(Oct 29, 2014, 13:40)NT73 Wrote:  That was my thoughts. Mural of some sort.

Yes you are right. Only the car is real. The wall behind was completely blank until the mural of the window, dog etc. were painted.
Thanks for every ones comments.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post