Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Norwegian lighthouse in sunset

I ruined my personal economy totally last week... I bought the Canon 5D :o Went out to the beach to test it, and captured this as the sun was setting. It is the lighthouse "Feistein" just outside Stavanger in the western part of Norway. I'm quite satisfied, think I might get it printed and hang it on the wall. The full size is 12Mpx, hehe... Tongue

[Image: 185390899_0d9ec6b3b6_o.jpg]

love the movement of the waves.

nice website

welcome to shuttertalk

christian

Welcome to ShutterTalk , and congrats on the 5d!! Lovely shot .

...... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Very Nice!

Welcome to ST!!Smile
/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

WOW, nice, welcome!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

g'day Espen and welcome to shuttertalk. I am liken this shot the exposure on the waves is great. The only thing is it seems like there is two white balance settings.......one for the sky one for the ocean. The ocean looks cold compared to the sky!

Russt Wrote:g'day Espen and welcome to shuttertalk. I am liken this shot the exposure on the waves is great. The only thing is it seems like there is two white balance settings.......one for the sky one for the ocean. The ocean looks cold compared to the sky!
Yes well it would be a cold ocean up around Norway. Big Grin

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Welcome to shuttertalk, great capture, almost looks like a composite.

Thanks y'all! Cool Glad you like it, that's one of my largest motivations with photographing. About the white balance: the photo is just a single shot, not a composit. It's a raw capture, and when I sat a warm white balance for a good sky, the sea became fairly dull, and likewise the sky went dull when setting a cold sea. I guess the difference in WB is about 2000K. In my opinion it's the end result that counts, and not that it is a exact copy of what I saw there and then. The sunset was fantastic, no doubt, but a photo will always be just a copy and can never bring back the scene as it were, because our brain interpetate the scene different than a camera sensor. (I hope that came out the way I ment it to be... :/ English is my second, or third, language Wink )

About the water temperature in Norway: it's getting warmer every day, I guess about 16-18 degrees C now. Thanks to the gulf stream, you know. Stavanger is actually situated just as far north as the south of Greenland, but it is much warmer here, and no ice flakes in the fjords. Cool

Hi Espen... welcome to ST!

What a great photo - I love the surreal blue sea contrasted with the warm orange sky. It's a very nice play on colours.... The lighthouse in the back is a nice touch as well.

Great image Epsen and a great camera too Smile

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by cuilin
Jul 14, 2015, 19:47
Last Post by MrB
Dec 21, 2014, 11:44