Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Not Pet Dogs or Cats

We don't have any these days so I have pet squirrels instead Big Grin

Here's one we call "Trevor" - dunno why but my husband has boys names for all of them, including the females Rolleyes

[Image: trev.jpg]

.... and this one was called "Arnold" and sadly he's departed this mortal coil. We found him stiff and cold early one morning Sad so I 'immortalised' him in a sort of floral portrait. PS layers, gradients and various filter fx for the portrait though I forget the exact details, setting etc.

[Image: 3D_bp.jpg]

Polly

Beautiful pictures Polly. The first one has great background and colors. The detail is splendid! He looks so sweet Smile The second one looks lovely with the work you did. Sorry about Arnold Sad It must be really nice to have these little ones around your garden.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

How cute! I'm sorry for Arnold...

We don't have any of these around, maybe due to an overpopulation of cats. Pity, they are so beautiful models.

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Absolutely love the Arnold portrait. Excellent.

Pretty cute Pol. Excellent detail with Trevor. Arnold's portsrait is great also. I like how you kept his face from the texture.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

this is great work Polly,

Arnold looks like he is comming out of a tapestry..... Smile

Is Arnold dead? I mean, is this a portrait of a dead squirrel, Pol? :o :o :o

Cave canem

Excellent capture of Trevor. sharp and wonderful dof.

Rufus Cool fell off my chair laughing when i read your reply.

/P.L

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Rufus Wrote:Is Arnold dead? I mean, is this a portrait of a dead squirrel, Pol? :o :o :o

Arnold has indeed been 'Promoted to Glory'. He was always an adventurous but irresponsible little squirrel who thought he was invincible. So much so he thought he could fly from the top of the shed to the sloping roof of the greenhouse - and indeed he did so successfully many times.

Alas one morning we fear he slipped and probably broke something in his spinal column and we found him stiff near the greenhouse - stone cold dead.

The 'portrait' shows him standing on a bark mulch path, beside a Spring flower bed, gazing over at me with his "gimme some nuts dude' expression on his cute and furry little face. He was, of course, alive and kicking when i took the photograph! I tweaked it later. I'd never use a stiff and stuffed model - it wouldn't be decent! :o

We gave him a decent funeral in that flower bed, near where he's standing in the picture... and I named the picture "Emerging" .. as he will indeed emerge to rise again, earth to earth, dust to dust and all that. It's meant to symbolise the continuity of life - just as the flowers have their seasons and bloom again - so it shall be with little Arnold.

In the meantime - the "Big fat Momma" continues to do what comes naturally and present us with a steady stream of new 'pets' ... we're overrun with the little blighters actually Big Grin

Here's a picture of the "Big Fat Momma" just before one of her 'happy events' earlier this year.

[Image: bfmomma.jpg]

Pol

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jan 19, 2018, 16:42
Last Post by Rolf
Feb 5, 2015, 13:06