Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

November Morning in Durham

November morning after a hard nightshift...the light on the Bridge was perfect, this one pretty much took itself

Attached Files Image(s)

You have still been sharp after a nights work, well spotted, great shot. Is it, as seen, looking in P/S, it sees more colour. This delicate pic, is sometimes not easy to reproduce print wise. Cracking. Best of your trio. Ed.

A crop, and messed with the exposure a little, but nothing significant - and as for a sharp eye, it wasn't until I got it into the comp that I realised just what a beautiful morning it was; I took a lot of pics that day, most of them frankly rubbish...don't go straight from nightshift into a pic-hunting expedition!

Even the faintly yellow sky enhances this. The color accuracy is great.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Nice Vik! Thanks for sharing - looking forward to seeing more!

Barbara - Life is what you make of it!

Breathtaking scenery Vik. Those fog and color temperature of the image gives a real scenery and mood. Would love to see more. Smile

PhotoPlay Photography
What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
~Eleanor Powell

The ring in the pond was what spiked my interest...I my self would have a hard time picking a camera over a fly rod...nice catch even if it was not of the fish jumping for a fly!!!

There're a lot of trout in the river, not big, but real fighters!

What is the type of trout that are there I live in the Black Hills of South Dakota and we have rainbow,brown and brook trout and I guess a few lake trout which I have yet to catch. Nothing beats a morning on a lake without any ripples glass smooth and no body else anywhere to be seen and the morning fog is just starting to clear the water and the water dripping from my paddles is all I can hear. That is where your picture took me I love the peace and the serenity of it all .... I think that one picture is worth a thousand words... and your took me fishing for sure. Thanks for the Memories.

There are mainly rainbow, but Brownies are common too...

this was taken from a very busy (pedestrian) bridge over the river (The Wear) as it runs through the small city of Durham; looking over the parapet, feeling the serenity of the scene, I guess that's what prompted me to take the pic, maybe it took me away from all the traffic right behind me...glad it makes you feel good, that's what life's all about

but you managed to get the feeling into a few words, too - nice one!

A lovely shot that brings back memories for me I spent a lot of my life in Durham before moving south, feeling homesick seeing this shot. Many thanks.

ty! Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MrB
Apr 19, 2017, 03:13
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Mar 4, 2017, 19:10
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Dec 25, 2016, 20:24