Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Now what do you prefer to shoot?

I asked about everyones least favorite subjects, now I want to cover the nicer side, what do you love to shoot? I don't mean what are you good at, but what do you enjoy shooting the most?

For me it is landscapes, and old buildings most of all. I don't know why I just really enjoy the end results of these types of shots. Bodie, a ghost town about 4 hours from my home is my idea of heaven!

Now what do you like to shoot?

Just a few of my favorites from the past couple of years.
[Image: normal_old%20shack.jpg]

[Image: normal_shaver%20lake%2001%20.jpg]

[Image: normal_Bodie%20Church%2001.jpg]

I always enjoy shooting landscapes - particularly before sunrise or at sunset.
In the period December - February, I went to the beach a lot (compared to previous years!) and took many shots there. So now, I'm still doing the landscapes over water while the sky is coloured, but hoping to get into placing a person infront of that Smile Landscapes for me! (and IR, I love the look of IR Smile)

The things i love to shoot ? well i think thats really a broad range for me . I really love shooting models , i guess its the guy in me , Big Grin and i love shooting moving water , streams , and what not. Then i love shooting landscapes , but normally i dont get just what i want i think thats what i like about them, they are challenging to me . Then there are sports , i love to freeze the action .

But my all time favorite is models , There is just something about shooting them in there element that makes me say wow ....

Yall have pretty much seen all my favorite shots so i wont post them .

Great topic Craig.......... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

It's funny that this is a harder question for me to answer, and it looks like others may feel the same.

I enjoy shooting in places where I'm able to work in isolation. My favourite subjects are ones that give me simple lines and strong geometry, and my favourite times are when the light brings out strong colours. I look for strong contrasts, in either tone or colour, and artificial light. I love shooting at night during a light drizzle, and I'd rather be at an ultra-wide angle than a long telephoto one. The longest lens that I enjoy using is a 100-mm equivalent.

I can't really say that I have a favourite thing to shoot, but all of my favourite photos have a lot in common in how I took them.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I hate shooting in groups, I much prefer shooting alone or with one particular friend, who wanders off adn does his own thing and doesn't bother me.

I think my favorite subject is nature, as I live in a rural place. From landscapes to macro photography, from birds to bees I enjoy it tremendously.
I like very much to play with bokeh, and this kind of photography gives room to that.
I enjoy very much shooting with G, he is a great companion. He doesn't interfere but he is there, each one goes its own way but we are together.

Some pictures I took today and a butterfly from last year.

[Image: IMG_4901-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_4961-Edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1738-Edit.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Great shots Irma, love the Butterfly.

Landscapes.

Canon stuff.

Comercial or editorial in any way type or form. Big Grin

Sersiouly though, most fun for me is still life or people.

/Paul L.

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

Landscapes, twilight shots, would also like to do candids but dont have the nerve Sad

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

I love/like taking shots of children. They are such natural subjects and don't have the hangups adults have. They usually have pretty faces and smooth skin. But in this day and age when folks talk about such things, then the 'politically correct brigade' pokes their noses in. So it makes it a little bit difficult. Years ago no one bothered if someone took your photo, in fact most were pleased, but nowadays everyone is on the make and wants payment.
But I usually manage a few.Smile

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

My son. Big Grin
They're never the best shots as they're taken on the fly trying to stop him reaching the camera but the mother in me doubts there's anything in the world as beautiful as him. When he was 6months old and I had 1000 photos of him I realised he was growing to recognise my camera as his mother :/
Now I'm balancing it with my second love, Animals.

Landscape and flowers. I am such a novice though.

Irma your pics inspire me.

Are you all professionals? I am just a hobbyist.

When I learn how to upload some pics, I look forward to learning from you all.

Keep looking outside the box. Big Grin

Canon EOS xTi w/ 17/85, Canon SD850, Canon sx100, Epson 3100z w/ 2.0, former Milolta SRT 101 and Canon EOS filmster.

I think this is the link to posting pics. Smile
http://www.shuttertalk.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=56
Actually I have just read it, and it is as plain as mud. I think a science degree would be easier.Rolleyes Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Pippin Says Wrote:Are you all professionals? I am just a hobbyist.
Far from it, just a keen amateur, most of what I know if is from books and websites like this one.

Pippin Says Wrote:Irma your pics inspire me.

Are you all professionals? I am just a hobbyist.
Thanks Pippin .... Smile

I am only a photography amateur.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hi Pippin;

In my experience, almost no photographers are full-time it-pays-all-the-bills professionals. But 'amateur' (from French, 'one who loves') isn't a bad word. I think photography is most like astronomy, where there are relatively few full-time professionals who get to work with the best lenses and equipment in the world, and do great work, but at the same time amateurs and hobbyists make up the vast majority of the people involved in the field, and make significant contributions to the science.

Possibly the biggest difference between photographers and astronomers is that often the amateur photographers have gear that's as good as the professionals, and may also have better knowledge and skills. One big advantage that the hobbyist has is that they get to pick and choose their subjects and styles, letting them specialize in a way that a professional can't.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I was re-reading my earlier thoughts in this thread. Since I wrote them, I've been on trips to Australia and across midwestern America, bought two new cameras and four or five new lenses, and shot over 30,000 frames.

matthew, who's now quoting himself from earlier in this thread to save some scrolling, Wrote:I enjoy shooting in places where I'm able to work in isolation. My favourite subjects are ones that give me simple lines and strong geometry, and my favourite times are when the light brings out strong colours. I look for strong contrasts, in either tone or colour, and artificial light. I love shooting at night during a light drizzle, and I'd rather be at an ultra-wide angle than a long telephoto one. The longest lens that I enjoy using is a 100-mm equivalent. I can't really say that I have a favourite thing to shoot, but all of my favourite photos have a lot in common in how I took them.
About the only thing that's changed is that now I'm much more likely to use a telephoto lens than a wide-angle. I might add a few more lines now, mostly about how I crop images out of the world, but otherwise it's exactly what I'd still say today.

I love capturing intimacy....not the kind you guys are thinking either. But, the intimacy of something I'm not a part of, but I can view from the outside. A mother's loving gaze at her newborn baby, a husbands hands on his pregnant wifes belly. I absolutely love being able to capture portraits of people which change the way that person thinks of themselves. I love being able to show people how I see them or how I see their connections with one another. For me, to capture that is like an expression of my love for them.
I once showed a client the photos I had taken and he said to me 'I have never seen a photo of myself that I liked before' which was amazing for me.

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

I live in a very rural small town in SE Spain, away from the coast and excessive development. The town still has the 1950´s way of life, although there are changes to a more modern way of living taking place. (such as broadband)..But in general the pace of life and the enviroment are very much unchanged since the end of WWll. It is this which gives me great satisfaction to capture on digital images and hopefully, one day to present a collection to the Town Council so that future generations may appreciate how things were in the years 2000.
So my interest is Real street photography and local architecture
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pentax K100D
Pentax manual 50mm F1.7, Pentax Manual 40-80mm macro, Pentax A manual 80-200mm F4.7-5.6

People as I pass them on the bus.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Travel photography, new places inspire me. I used to like basic landscapes but now find them a bit boring and empty. I rather combine architecture, street views or natural landscapes with some human element. The most rewarding but difficult shots are the ones of people , I don't mean portraits but street photography.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Jun 29, 2019, 09:16