Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Old Sailing Ship

Deleted

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

I dunno why. Maybe it's cause i just got out of bed, but the first thing I saw when I saw the white keel was "hey, you can see it's knickers, lol"

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

You are right, does look out of character, will fix later on today :|

Cheers,
Pat

It's a really nice shot though.

Sony A700/ 16-80mm / 70-300mm / 11-18 mm / 100mm macro

My Flickr page

Nicely composed Pat - I love these old ships.

Canon stuff.

This might make for a great black and white image.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I like the composition and the sky in this Pam. Though somehow I don't think Capt. Cook had an inflatable dingy with him back in 1770 Big Grin
I had hoped to go into Newcastle to see this, but I ran out of weekend...

Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Nice capture!

Isn't she the Bounty Replica that came through French Polynesia on the 200th anniversary of the Mutiny???

I sailed on her and spent 3 days aboard her while in Tahiti, they wanted to do some photo's of her inside the lagoon and sailing out the pass on Tahaa and on to Bora Bora. I was along to be the pilot and keep them in the channel and to show them where to anchor in Bora. I got to climb the mast and set the top gallants and to reef them. To do that had been a dream all my life. It was one of the few things that I had never done as a sailor and I will remember that until the day I die. I don't know any american who has ever done that and having spent 20 years in the Navy, I had been up the masts to work on the various antennas that we maintained, but it wasn't the same... As we used to say in the Nav, "Iron men and wooden ships".....

Hi Ken and Welcome to Shuttertalk, the ship is a replica of the 'Endeavour' the one in which James Cook came to Australia 1788, it sailed to Newcastle and was the big attraction at a Maritime event held a couple of weekends ago.
Glad you like the image. Smile

Cheers,
Pat

Your picture would look beautiful in a promotional poster Pat... Smile

I didn't see it before. It is a beautiful picture and I agree with Matt about a bw version. It would be very interesting to see..

I really don't know much about boats. Thanks a lot for the info... Wink

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by nia
Dec 23, 2009, 00:58
Last Post by NT73
Jan 2, 2008, 15:52