Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

PS Homework

This week on the PS course we worked with layers...

This is my attempt for homework....

What do you think? Any suggestions?

[Image: 9_IMG_5886%20copy%20copy.jpg]

Thanks for looking

Sharon Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Maybe a bit too much feather. All around the roof of the car is like heat sheen. It takes practise like anything else, but it is a good effort.

I think if you do the car in one layer with less feather, and the smoke/dust at the back with another layer with same or more feather, and put the car over the dust. If you see what I mean.
Addendum.. the car shadow doesnt have a roof.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

I often use a quite high feathering (say 12 px) when I am trying to blend tricky things like hair, smoke or dust - if you use too small a feathering number, you get halos, but a high number can give a nice smooth blend.

I agree with NT and Toad about the feathering . But its a nice effort , with some more playing youll get it ...

The other thing that i noticed is the driver is on the wrong side of the car , Big Grin maybe you can fix that too . LOL

Sorry it just looks strange to me Big Grin

........ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Ha ha. He's on the right side for me. I bet Columbus sailed to the US backwards. Big Grin

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Thanks for the comments all, I had a feeling I overdid the feathering, 25 I think I used. I will have to try again......

Very funny Shawn Big Grin

These are the two images I used. Any further advice welcome....

[Image: IMG_5886_1_1_1.JPG]

[Image: IMG_5953_1_1_1.JPG]

My 15yr old son owns the corolla, he got it off ebay for $150, and is in the process of joining a car club. He is driving at a friends place who has a circuit on his property that the car club uses it for motorkhana events. His friend is driving the buggy.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill