Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Painting through Photoshop - Bodie Church

This started out as a Photograph, went through many stages of tweaking before being hit with the painting render in ACDSee. Wanted to get it to look more poster like and less watercolor.

[Image: Bodie%20Church%2001%20watercolor.jpg]

I like a lot the final result in this one.

The colors are so vivid. Did you work something manually, painting or manipulating the picture manually, or you just got it with filters?

I like specially the effect in the wood...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

The picture was worked manually first. (DPI, saturation, over sharpened)

I normally dont like this kind of look ( is that the right way to say it ) . but this one still has the photo look too , i think thats what i like about . Nice work EB ....

.......... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Thanks for the Comments Shawn. Here is the original picture.

[Image: Bodie%20Church%2001.jpg]

I like the original too , i think it would look great in bw . nice photos . and thanks for sharring the original .

..... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

I would crop out that little building on the left. It would make the frame cleaner.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Interesting result Craig. I like how the contrast in the timbers has been emphasized in your edit. This is also one of the strengths in the original - the timber looks great.

I think Don is spot on with his crop suggestion.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

I've not seen this done before, I like it Smile

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

Thanks for the feedback.

Looks great Craig, love the effect. Well done! Big Grin

the oringinal is already a nice shot, and I like the original. It's quite genuine, doesn't look too overdone or tacky.

well done! Uli

I can see why Don recommends the crop in this one, but the crop would kill the format and it would leave the door of the church in a nearly centered position.

I would suggest in any case to desaturate this building (working with a lighter color in the painting) kind of blend into the background but still see that it is there, or clone it out, which I wouldn't like that because to me that building gives some sort of balance to the composition.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Excellent work as mentioned it is rare to see this effect done well and look real. Thanks for sharing. I agree with Irma on the crop.

“Look, I'm not an intellectual - I just take pictures.” - Helmut Newton.

I already feel the same way about the crop, I also like the red it throws into the painted version. On the photo, I will probably crop both sides and lose some foreground to keep it in balance.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WesMal
Oct 13, 2018, 22:33
Last Post by MrB
May 4, 2016, 18:35
Last Post by snaphappy
Mar 22, 2016, 07:11